Uk Grapevine Wanted...all Of Them

Have been asked by a friend if I can try to get him a full run of UK Grapevine 45s, would like demos but issues will be fine. Condition needs to be EX or better with original centres. The only one he's got so far is 116 Sam Williams (which I sold to him :thumbsup: ).

On the basis of that purchase and a little reading hes been doing he now wants them all. Ideally would like to buy in quantity off one person whos willing to sell, maybe someone here has a large number/complete run they would be willing to part with?

PM me with the numbers you have and price you want.....will take a little longer than usual to get back to you as I will have to run the details past him first.

Cheers

Adam.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

POPCORN WYLIE ROSEMARY WHA THAPPENED D

SOUL TWINS QUICK CHANGE ARTIST D

STANLEY WOODRUFF WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG D

MILTON WRIGHT I BELONG TO YOU D

FLAMMING EMERALDS HAVE SOME EVERYBODY D

KEANYA COLLINS LOVE BANDIT D

JUDY STREET WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG D

LOVELITES GET OF MY CONSCIENCE D

RONNIE LOVE LET'S MAKE LOVE DS

SMITH BROTHERS THRE CAN BE A BETTER WAY D

HAPPY CATS THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN' D

RAY GODFREY COME GET THESE MEMORIES D

DEL-CAPRIS HEY LITTLE WAY OUT GIRL D

CAPREEZ HOW TO MAKE A SAD MAN GLAD D ps

ELLINGTONS DESTINED TO BECOME A LOSER D

TONY MIDDLETON PARIS BLUES D

SAM WILLIAMS LOVE SLIPPED THROUGH MY FINGERS D

JAMES BYNUM TIME PASSES BY D

JIMMY BURNS I REALLY LOVE YOU D

EDDIE PARKER LOVE YOU BABY D ps

LARRY CLINTON SHE'S WANTED IN THREE STATES D

CODY MICHAELS 7 DAYS - 53 WEEKS D

TAMANGOES'S I REALLY LOVE YOU D

FLAME 'N' KING HO HAPPY DAY D

BOBBY WELLS BE'S THAT WAY SOMETIMES D

BETTY BOO SAY IT ISN'T SO D

THRILLS WHAT CAN GO WRONG D

DE-LITES LOVER D

MORRIS CHESTNUT TOO DARN SOULFUL D

PRECISIONS SUCH MISERY D

SEVENTH WONDER CAPTAIN OF MY SHIP D

SOUL GENERATION HOLD ON D

SAM & KITTY I'VE GOT SOMETHING GOOD I

CAROL ANDERSON SAD GIRL D

EDWARD HAMILTON BABY DON'T YOU WEEP D

LAURA GREEN CAN'T HELP LOVING THAT MAN D

AL WILLIAMS I AM NOTHING DS

LESTER TIPTON THIS WON'T CHANGE DS

BILLY HAMBRIC SHE SAID GOODBYE D

BLACK NASTY CUT YOU MOTOR OFF I

DENA BARNES IF YOU EVER WALK OUT OF MY LIFE I

AGENTS TROUBLE D

NABAY BELIEVE IT OR NOT DS

NEW WANDERERS THIS MAN IN LOVE D

DUKE BROWNER CRYING OVER YOU I

KADDO STRINGS NOTHING BUT LOVE I

ANTHONY RAYE GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE I

LUTHER INGRAM WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SONGS D

Make me an offer for the lot, all at least E+

Social source share

i think the larry clinton alone costs £50+ mate

That might be a freak Ebay price at one time. Most of the Grapevine's are worth 5 or 10 each. Trust me, I sell them week in week out. I just Ebayed a demo of Flame & King, it went for less than 20 quid, and thats supposed to be "£50". You may see Grapevines on lists for 25's and 30's but do they ever sell?

Simon, when you say they are in RCA demo sleeves, are you counting those as actual demos?

If all your 45's marked D are proper demos, I'll be willing to make you an offer, cash or/and trades, seeing as my complete set was stolen by someone I will be perfectly happy to name by PM.

Social source share

If all your 45's marked D are proper demos, I'll be willing to make you an offer, cash or/and trades, seeing as my complete set was stolen by someone I will be perfectly happy to name by PM.

This is why I don't like putting up wants threads :thumbsup:

Social source share

Don't be like that, I've got loads of them you can buy for next to nothing..

Ok Pete, I'm a bit grumpy this morning thats all...my 2 year old decided it would be fun to yell and scream through most of the night. I've made an offer to Simon but if that doesn't work out then I'll get back to you about the ones you want to sell on.

Cheers

Adam.

Social source share

Ok Pete, I'm a bit grumpy this morning thats all...my 2 year old decided it would be fun to yell and scream through most of the night. I've made an offer to Simon but if that doesn't work out then I'll get back to you about the ones you want to sell on.

Cheers

Adam.

Sorry Adam, I thought Simon was making it know to everyone that he had a collection of them for sale and they were fair game to anyone making an offer..

Social source share

Sorry Adam, I thought Simon was making it know to everyone that he had a collection of them for sale and they were fair game to anyone making an offer..

I suppose he is.....like I said just too tired this morning to make sensible posts!

Social source share

I know all about screaming baby syndrome but I got away lightly last night...only an hours worth

====

it s a shame the original grapevine run had grp 137 missing,,,was schduled to be ronnie and robin - sidras theme...would have looked nice that one!

anyone remember those 10" promo copies for djs that were around,,how rare would they be??

Social source share

=======

theyre the new ones baz

Ah right, new i'd seen some on his site, it said complete set of grapevine so i assumed that was the score, couldn't really give a rats arse about the lable so didn't look to much at it, thought it was a bit too expencive any way who would want to pay that for them :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ah right, new i'd seen some on his site, it said complete set of grapevine so i assumed that was the score, couldn't really give a rats arse about the lable so didn't look to much at it, thought it was a bit too expencive any way who would want to pay that for them :thumbsup:

=====

i know baz wot u mean

ref the new grapevines u never seem to see them under a tenner do you

the old ones ranged at one time from 1-10 for all of them?

there must be loads of copies of them too ,,,isnt there?

Social source share

That might be a freak Ebay price at one time. Most of the Grapevine's are worth 5 or 10 each. Trust me, I sell them week in week out. I just Ebayed a demo of Flame & King, it went for less than 20 quid, and thats supposed to be "£50". You may see Grapevines on lists for 25's and 30's but do they ever sell?

Simon, when you say they are in RCA demo sleeves, are you counting those as actual demos?

pete is right ref prices nabay also goes for £50.00 plus i would put most of them between 5-10 with the odd one fetching more.

mark

Social source share

Harder Grapevines are...

Larry Clinton

Nabay

Sam and Kitty

Al Williams

Tomangoes

All the others should be a tenner or less.

=======

dena barnes is really hard on UK Grapevine and was the last one i got to complete the set..

also new wanderers - this man in love is hard too,,,maybe the detroit connection????

Social source share

Dena Barnes was the last on I got too Mark. I looked for the missing number for ages before i found it hadn't been released. blush.gif Still the best UK reissue label for my money . I hate the Narbay and Soul Generation tracks personally

=======

dena barnes is really hard on UK Grapevine and was the last one i got to complete the set..

also new wanderers - this man in love is hard too,,,maybe the detroit connection????

Social source share

Are different ones harder in different areas of the country?

Did Dena Barnes sell more copies (percentage wise) in the North West, North East or the Midlands?

Did records that were popular at Wigan sell better in the NW, and ones that were popular at Cleethorpes sell better in the NE?

There could be something in that. Although of course they are scattered all around the country (and the world) now. I bought most of them from Pep's shop as new releases...lost interest towards the end though.

Social source share

Are different ones harder in different areas of the country?

Did Dena Barnes sell more copies (percentage wise) in the North West, North East or the Midlands?

Did records that were popular at Wigan sell better in the NW, and ones that were popular at Cleethorpes sell better in the NE?

Quite a lot of them turned up down south in odd record shops, may have issued on sale or return.

Social source share

Were royalties paid on any of the Grapevine releases? have heard the word bootlegs mentioned a few times, anyone verify?

At the risk of repeating stuff, I wrote an article about Grapevine for Record Collector in the early 90's and John Anderson commented on various records about how he got the rights etc, if I can find it I'll link it..nah, thought it was on my website but obviously not, though I was sure I'd posted it up. Unless it was used on the old Soul Source or maybe Night Owl.

Social source share

I remember about this time last year I put my Dena Barnes Grapevine demo on ebay - got just over £60 for it, there seemed to be quite a bidding war on it too :D

I just eBayed Billy Hambric on demo and it made 22.40. Just about to eBay Smith Brothers Demo & Richard PopCorn Wylie issue and will start them both at 9.99.

Social source share

I've not heard back from Simon T on the offer I made for his collection so does anyone else have a full run they would like to sell? Or if not a full run then a decent number of them?

Cheers

Adam.

Social source share

Well I couldn't find the Grapevine article but I didn't realise Mike still had some of my articles on there from 1997! So if you want a laugh, this link goes to the worst 50 northern records ever released in the UK...

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/artic...le.php/c2/12120

Hi Pete,

Nice one. Yep, there's some drivel in there that's for sure..

I notoced you had John Drevars down as a 'Tailor Made"? I wouldn't have thought this fell into that cataegory, unless of course it was a "version". Surely the original MGM issue was released in the mid 60s?

Also...the Milton Wright B Side IS called "Like A Rolling Stone" but it's not the Bob Dylan song. It's a Wright penned instrumental string laden dancer in a similar vein to The Gallop.

Good reads Mate. I remember when you did the Grapevine piece, didn't it appear in UK's Record Collector?

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Hi Pete,

Nice one. Yep, there's some drivel in there that's for sure..

I notoced you had John Drevars down as a 'Tailor Made"? I wouldn't have thought this fell into that cataegory, unless of course it was a "version". Surely the original MGM issue was released in the mid 60s?

Ah but I said John Drevars, not John Drevars Expression. Destiny records put it out in 79 and just got a session singer in who they named John Drevars and did a really terrible cover version.

Full set of grapevine 45's were sold on ebay in june for £300, I think this was the reserve price. Dont know if this is a true reflection of their value, but it must give some indication. Check the link.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4887649307

I would have paid more than that :thumbsup:

Social source share