Forgotten Monsters From Wigan Etc Days

Guest Garry Huxley

Surprised to hear The 5th dimension and The Kittens were big at Wigan, both old Wheel and Torch tunes.

Like previously said The Johnny Hendley track never hear this at venues.

Social source share

A lot of people forget just how big a record. Construction-hey little way out girl-Sync 6, was. Always remember one of the older lads from York coming out of the record bar with a copy of the del-capris on karma sutra saying ive just bought that searling monster lol.

Probably the biggest sound @ Wigan in my day along with Cecil Washington (was c/u) & Christine Cooper, maybe Larry Clinton, can't think of any others that were bigger for longer, that's for sure.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

A lot of people forget just how big a record. Construction-hey little way out girl-Sync 6, was. Always remember one of the older lads from York coming out of the record bar with a copy of the del-capris on karma sutra saying ive just bought that searling monster lol.

Think it was covered up for about three years Harry, I think I bought just about every record with Capri's and girl in the title/artist to get it.

Managed to get a real one about 8 years ago. It's still a rare record. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Think it was covered up for about three years Harry, I think I bought just about every record with Capri's and girl in the title/artist to get it.

Managed to get a real one about 8 years ago. It's still a rare record. :thumbsup:

Tis indeed Dazz, I`m sure someone offered Richard £400 while it was still covered and he turned it down. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ade. Country Girl. Vickie Baines. Was up there with them.

Steve

Ha, Correct Steve, cheers, I was meaning Vickie Baines not Christine Cooper, as that's what Dickie covered it up as.

Of course, these are not forgotten, was just saying.

A big one on Pete S's recent list was Ronnie Love, Let's Make Love, wasn't massive but big enough, does that ever get played out I wonder?

Bit of soft soul really that probably sounds better today than it did then.

Few more big ones I don't hear of lately , to stick to the thread, Rex Garvin Sock It To Yourself & Trade Martin, She Put The Hurt On Me.

Do these ever get played out theses days?

Social source share

Ha, Correct Steve, cheers, I was meaning Vickie Baines not Christine Cooper, as that's what Dickie covered it up as.

Of course, these are not forgotten, was just saying.

A big one on Pete S's recent list was Ronnie Love, Let's Make Love, wasn't massive but big enough, does that ever get played out I wonder?

Bit of soft soul really that probably sounds better today than it did then.

Few more big ones I don't hear of lately , to stick to the thread, Rex Garvin Sock It To Yourself & Trade Martin, She Put The Hurt On Me.

Do these ever get played out theses days?

Ade. i heard Trade Martin somewhere recently but cant remember where, great tune

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!