Jimmy Ruffin Rip

Agentsmith

can someone please confirm if it is true that jimmy, who has of recent, been in a coma, has now in fact passed away?. there is a lot of conflicting talk on facebook which does not help matters and can be extremely distressing for people in general, let alone connected to family and close friends.

Edited by mike
titled edited by site
Social source share

I'd say the safest thing to do to avoid misunderstandings etc is if just wait for 'official' news to be announced.

Most news sources do confirm details before posting

I've had a look and can't see anything news channel wise so myself taking it as unconfirmed reports

That forum post seems to be second hand info as far as can read,so maybe best wait till a more official source confirms ?

cheers

mike

Social source share

I've emailed his daughter ..Philicia to see if its confirmed ..i know few weeks ago rumours was upsetting the family and she contacted myself  ..although Davids son David Jrs as posted on FB 

ive just read that as well, posted some 13 hours ago, but other posts on jimmy's page were saying otherwise. bearing in mind they're 4/5 hours behind us, has anything emerged this morning? or is it still too early?.

Social source share

I'd say the safest thing to do to avoid misunderstandings etc is if just wait for 'official' news to be announced.

Most news sources do confirm details before posting

I've had a look and can't see anything news channel wise so myself taking it as unconfirmed reports

That forum post seems to be second hand info as far as can read,so maybe best wait till a more official source confirms ?

cheers

mike

Social source share

Reply from his Daughter this morning  ...

Hi Chalky
its been an intense 24 hours as you could imagine. Just to take the impact of the first initial shock of his passing. As you see there was not anything on my page because I wanted to do kind of official Jimmy Ruffin statement you know. As well as I had not even notified some of a lot of my family members. I will be posting a statement. Right now

Edited by Hitsville Chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Really sad news....seen Jimmy at Stafford a good few years ago and I had my 1st digital camera, took a few photos of me and Jimmy back stage and he was amazed that this wee cameras pictures could be sent all over the world in seconds. He asked me to give my email address to his manager so`s I could send him the photos which I did....and I gave him my business card.

About 6 months later as we were sitting down to Sunday dinner the phone rang, Linda answered and shouted over......."It`s Jimmy Ruffin" He had lost the photos and wondered if I still had them could I re-send them please?

We had a long conversation about everything Motown and how was Levi doing....and the wife shouting "Your dinners getting cold" and the new Tops/Temps lineup etc etc. My claim to fame.......Jimmy Ruffin telephoned me on a Sunday afternoon!  :lol:  You couldn`t make that up.

Priceless memories thanks to Mr Jimmy Ruffin......farewell is a lonely sound!

May he rest in peace :hatsoff2:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Jimmy Ruffin was a gentleman as well as being a top soul singer. as I stated on another thread I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy 43 years ago and then again 26 years ago ,lucky enough to have supper with him after his gig  Jimmy will be truel,y missed but always  remembered. 

Rest in Peace Jimmy

God Bless Mick L

Social source share

Another major soul legend taken from us .... but not his legacy ..and long may it stay that way ... his presence remains with us all whether that be in memories of seeing him perform as I have many times or if it be by listening to the huge body of music that is left !!

True legend !!!!!!!!!!! 

RIP :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was priveleged to see him at Batley Variety Club in the mid 80's - a top night with a great performer and managed to get him to sign a photograph to our son. Had our own tribute listening to so many great tunes yesterday morning - such a sweet soul voice and so hard to pick a favourite - brought back so many memories of listening to records on the 'gramaphone' in my teens. R.I.P. Jimmy and thank you so much for what you and all the other great Soul artists of the time brought to my life both at the time and ever since.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!