Soul Track Of The Week - Towanda Barnes

Guest Juniorsoul

Guest Juniorsoul

https://juniorsoul16.wordpress.com

After a break from the keyboard due to work, here is my latest blog!

A big hello to you all from Canada, a snowy, shit, freezing Canada.

So, first things first, not second, or third, I must apologise for being unable to get my review of the RAFA’s Youth Club reunion up. I’m in Canada, where not only WordPress is considered a taboo site on the British Army’s welfare network, Ebay is too. Someone explain to me where I fill my record void? Also, I think if i was to write said review now, I wouldn’t be able to do the night justice. However, I remember one of the DJ’s who hadn’t looked at his records for 30 years or so, played The Salvador’s’ Stick By Me Baby. ‘A real one?!’ the Soul Police ask. Yes. A real one, that the owner believed to be worth about 200 quid. Astounding, eh?

As per guys, any feedback is welcomed. Hope you enjoy! Thanks! 
Dan. 

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Soulsurfer

Nice piece Dan.... The gloria Barnes version would have sounded even better, if I'd realised someone had pitched the deck up to about +4 before I'd got behind the deck lol

If I'm honest Nev, I didn't notice. I thought it sounded good. I've just listened to your mixcloud upload annnnnnd it sounds too slow now  :g:  :g:  :D

Social source share

Guest Juniorsoul

Dan,

You should check out Johnny Brantley, the producer of the 45 and his Vidalia Music.  He produced some fantastic records, all of which are worth investigating and buying if you come across them. 

Regards,

Dave

I've been doing a bit of digging mate! I see that he did some production for Jimi Hendrix, also used him as a session artist on some of his other stuff!

Social source share

I've been doing a bit of digging mate! I see that he did some production for Jimi Hendrix, also used him as a session artist on some of his other stuff!

Colin has done a lot of research on Johnny Brantley

https://indangerousrhythm.blogspot.co.uk

Type Johnny Brantley into "search this blog" is the quickest way

Kev

Edited by stateside
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!