Nottmsoul

Hi Crowd

Hi

New to the Forum. Been on the soul scene since 1975. I am Nottingham born & bred and have visited most soul clubs in Nottingham during this time, Palais, Brit, Colemans, Turners, Moore farm (I think), Le Coq Robin, The shed etc etc.

There is a question I would like to ask the forum. I have been collecting N.soul records on and off for a while, however with the ever increasing prices spiralling there are a lot of records which I won't be able to own on the original labels, they are simply too expensive. I have noticed at soul events and on the internet that there are reissues of some of these records at an affordable price :) . Would it be frowned upon to buy these?

Would I be able to play these at soul events? I always try to buy the original label where possible.

Hope to hear from you soon

Ant

Hello from a Mansfield lad Ant, wow, you've dropped a grenade with the pin out, with your first post!

There are loads of 'OVO' threads on this site and if you trawl through them you'll see there's some real passionate debate.

There seem to be two camps:

Camp One - Original US or UK vinyl only (other contemporary pressings are acceptable, as are contemporary nationwide issues that have picked up on a local release). Subsequent re-issues are a no-no, boots are an absolute no-no, Kent and other singles are OK if they are 'from the vaults' and previously unreleased.

Camp Two - not bothered.

Hope this helps!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.