New Wanderers On Ready

Guest CARL D

You can surely only compare two records when they are very similar styles... Eddie Parker is a thumping up-tempo raw dance tune,

New Wanderers is between mid and up-tempo, more of a Soulful floater... both brilliant in their own right!

Now close the door to your poor heart :)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

You can surely only compare two records when they are very similar styles... Eddie Parker is a thumping up-tempo raw dance tune,

New Wanderers is between mid and up-tempo, more of a Soulful floater... both brilliant in their own right!

Of course they can be compared any two songs can be... neither compares to motorheads ace of spades lol

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Let me Render was one of my 1st soul tapes introducing me to Northern. The guy who did the tape had speeded it up a bit, so when i finally heard it at it's proper tempo, i thought i'd gone doo-lally-it was really slow! Used to it now tho'. What a voice! Not Mr Pollard,of course, but who is the lead singer? Cha, cha, cha cha-cha-WOH-YEAH'! indeed! CLASSIC!

'Let me render my service'.....chacha, chacha, cha..OH YEH !..chacha, chacha, cha. Phew, great stuff, love it !

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondered if the New Wanderers on Ready is rarer than Eddie Parker on Awake, and how many originals might exist? Cheers, Carl

The New Wanderers is by far and way the rarer of the two. Let Me Render My Service is the side, so so soulful. Eddie Parker is great, but New Wanderers edges every time for me, just so much more complete.

Andy Killick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

The New Wanderers is by far and way the rarer of the two. Let Me Render My Service is the side, so so soulful. Eddie Parker is great, but New Wanderers edges every time for me, just so much more complete.

Andy Killick

Same here love it , sold my copy to  Japanese guy few years ago £1800 pounds  :(

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

First time i heard Let me render my services to you was Roger Banks late 80s

Up North Somewhere cant for the life of me remember  where

Always wanted one Irish Greg beat me to it 

Al H :thumbsup:

Social source share

'Let me render my service'.....chacha, chacha, cha..OH YEH !..chacha, chacha, cha.  Phew, great stuff, love it ! 

I remember some years ago being in the record bar at the Cleethorpes Weekender on a Sunday afternoon....my wife had brought the kids after being at Pleasue Island...some one played Let Me Render My Service......my lad,who would have been 8-9 at the time started singing along word perfect....the chins of the guys doing the selling hit the floor...suspect they thought what TF is this...happy days :)  :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!