Instrumentals - Bovvered?

Guest Andy Kempster

Love some instrumentals. Especially those Al kent Ric Tic releases. Also some Philly cuts like 'Waiting for the rain' and MFSB releases. Yes Pete, that Sidra's Theme. Different level.

So rare, not released yet. This, it's new, modern, probably doesn't tick the boxes, but..it's getting there. Demo right now, vocals nearly done.....release this month or early january. Press to vinyl - no way! Doubt it would sell any. 

https://soundcloud.com/55motown/loving-you-always-came-easy-instrumental-demo

Nice, like an old Philly instrumental - thought there's a bit in there that sounds remarkably like "Breakaway" (The Valentines)

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Ta. Don't know that track 'Breakaway' - will take a listen. The chorus is just C and F with the vibes on the 1. The verse is a little more complicated, with four keys. Plus I have updated it a little already as it progresses. I need to put it to bed. I spend too much tim eon them. Back in a mo....

Yes, I do know it! Yes, that horn progression slightly (at the beginning) and in other places. And I can hear a similarity with the keys.....interesting.

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Nice, like an old Philly instrumental - thought there's a bit in there that sounds remarkably like "Breakaway" (The Valentines)

your right Pete, it could do with a strong female voice Patti Austin/ Aretha to make some noise on it though, a little hollow/ repetitive in places

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

'Bok to Bach' was the song that wore the carpet out for me learning the steps in my bedroom ha ha! 1974 I think. I liked 'Bongo Rock' back then too. 'Billy's Bag' as well. 

Actually, this post of 'Loving you' is not appropriate as this is about instrumentals, so have deleted it. If you want to hear the latest vocal version of the above instrumental head for 55motown on Soundcloud.

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!