Tim Browns Auction

Mick Boyle

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)   Haa haaa I just wet myself

If anyone asked who fed next door cat when All Williams was in the studio on march 26th 1965

there will be 15 people all giving answers 

I can take a joke though and I was the 1st to laugh  

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Mick Boyle
Social source share

On March 26th 1965 I think you will find that Lou Beatty wasn't conducting domestic duties at all. Contrary to common belief he was making pizzas with his new neighbour All. You may think that pizza making is a domestic activity but your wrong. These Lou-Will pizzas were sold on the corner making it a business. I don't think you can mistake this as a domestic duty unless your hiding things from the tax man. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

do tell

I wasn't referring to the price (as Im sure Mr Browns auction items are all worth every penny) I was referring to trying to find out the price.

I can understand Mr Brown wishing not to divulge the information as it is a transaction between himself and client. But I thought some eagle eyed Soul Sourcer may spill the beans. It seems strange that JMs auctions are are very open and clear even after the event but still scrutinized with a fine toothed comb.

Edited by Mick Boyle
Social source share

Does Tim Brown buy his own records so he can come up with figures for a Price Guide that no one buys? Seriously, Tim is entitled to run his auctions as he always has, and in the strictest confidence in case your wife finds out... Most of us now avoid these sealed bid auctions as they are archaic and not mutually beneficial. John Manship sets the standard for the industry whilst eBay is at least fairly transparent. 

Social source share

I wasn't referring to the price (as Im sure Mr Browns auction items are all worth every penny) I was referring to trying to find out the price.

I can understand Mr Brown wishing not to divulge the information as it is a transaction between himself and client. But I thought some eagle eyed Soul Sourcer may spill the beans. It seems strange that JMs auctions are are very open and clear even after the event but still scrutinized with a fine toothed comb.

Nice to see Mr Brown took the time out to have a laugh though 

The person who's forum name is Brownie, isn't in fact Tim Brown.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for that info. As normal I did 2+2 and got 17 (never make a detective)

As mentioned you can check out JM auction and see if you got close to a win. On eBay you just go into completed listings and find out.

So I was just wondering if some kind person could let us know. 

May just stick to JM, the write ups are as good as the records 

Social source share

FORMERLY BROWNIE NOW raresoul45s

Sometimes does cause some confusion, so I'm going to rebrand myself on here as raresoul45s (my website name) which will link into a new facebook integration we're doing with the website.

On the subject of website's and transparency earlier in the thread. I'm in the process of having my site rebuilt with an offers page that will be totally transparent exactly the same as JMs auction/Ebay ie you'll see a user name and the time the offer was submitted and results will be there for all to see at the end of the item listing.

This will work the same as the ebay make an offer process and depending on the 45 will in some instance's have a buy it now option but not always. It will also be limited to just the very rare records or the current in demand items which are difficult to price.

This investment and restructuring has been brought about by the high demand of commission sales we now receive and undertake and there will be an early promotion & discount once the site is built for customers to see exactly what we can achieve for them.

Hoping to go live early January 2015 although obviously my current site is still fully operational.

Darren

Edited by Raresoul45s
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!