IanP

Motown Yesteryear

I've seen and owned many of these singles over the years (don't have any nowadays )... So I was wondering if these are Motown releases, under licence, or unofficial releases ? 

Edited by IanP

I've got loads, they make a nice little collection. I like the label, they look great as a set! Even though they're official only worth a few quid each tops I would guess.

Yesteryear still going then Kev? Thought it was an early 70s thing.

Motown Yesteryear started in January 1973 and continued until the mid-80's (1986-ish as far as I know).

Motown distributed Hi Records from 1982 until 1993 which explains the Al Green titles.

Below is the ad announcing the "Motown Yesteryear" series from the 20 January 1973 issue of Billboard Magazine.

post-1392-0-84428300-1416840661_thumb.jp

Edited by Sebastian

I've got loads, they make a nice little collection. I like the label, they look great as a set! Even though they're official only worth a few quid each tops I would guess.

apart from maybe the supremes stoned love, unedited lp version which has become sought after, been fetching £30-50 on occasion

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.