General Moan

Just post out a bunch multiple of one 45. This has highlighted a few things as a seller.

• People that use a 'Secret Squirrel' name on here, then make payments under their own name, but don't have address info sent up on Paypal account.................Why, seller then has go through a bunch of messages to find address info 
  • People that use a 'Secret Squirrel' name on here, then make payments under their own name, pay as 'Friends payment' but don't put their address on the paypal payment.................Why, seller then has go through a bunch of messages to find address info
  • People get sent messages on here, then choose to reply on Facebook..........why
  • People order records and then don't pay........Why, to be honest I don't bother chasing, normally just relist or sell to second request.

I know it doesn't seem a big deal, but it is the bane of my life trying to reconcile the above sets of info to ship records.

Point 2, paypal as gift, this happens in about 5 of every payments I get, people just don't realise that when you send it this way, it removes your address details then when you ask them for it they're quite sure it was included in the payment.

Point 4, non paying buyers, the bane of every dealers life...

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Dave Thorley, on 25 Nov 2014 - 1:09 PM, said:

Just post out a bunch multiple of one 45. This has highlighted a few things as a seller.

• People that use a 'Secret Squirrel' name on here, then make payments under their own name, but don't have address info sent up on Paypal account.................Why, seller then has go through a bunch of messages to find address info 
  • People that use a 'Secret Squirrel' name on here, then make payments under their own name, pay as 'Friends payment' but don't put their address on the paypal payment.................Why, seller then has go through a bunch of messages to find address info
  • People get sent messages on here, then choose to reply on Facebook..........why
  • People order records and then don't pay........Why, to be honest I don't bother chasing, normally just relist or sell to second request.

I know it doesn't seem a big deal, but it is the bane of my life trying to reconcile the above sets of info to ship records.

Got mine today Dave - thanks.

Hope I didn't piss you off!

:sweatingbullets:

:D

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Got mine today Dave - thanks.

Hope I didn't piss you off!

:sweatingbullets:

:D

Peter

Pete

I'm not pissed off with anyone, really. But if people considered some of the points above, it would make life easier for many that sell on here. 

I'd also like to thank everyone that purchased a copy of Old M Pressions, the very last are going out 2day

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

Dave Thorley, on 25 Nov 2014 - 2:18 PM, said:

Pete

I'm not pissed off with anyone, really. But if people considered some of the points above, it would make life easier for many that sell on here. 

I'd also like to thank everyone that purchased a copy of Old M Pressions, the very last are going out 2day

Cheers

Dave

I know mate.

Just pulling your leg.

Peter

:wink:

Social source share

I know it doesn't seem a big deal, but it is the bane of my life trying to reconcile the above sets of info to ship records

A facebook favourite:

Use a silly name on your page (fine), send money with a normal name (name not even their's it's their bird's) no name of record bought  (as if you sell 1 record a year), dont bother to say they've paid then wonder why they got no tune 3 weeks later. 

At least people on here are fairly decent types. try having this type conversation with an arrogant Italian mod or some little fake yo kid from America who thinks hes gods gift and appearing in The Wire.

Its a pain but you got to control people and the info in some way, politely, obviously and its up to the seller i think, Dave. The common sense needs to come from the service end. That is what I learnt selling 1,000s of records on FB a few years back, anyway. 

Why cant people use their normal names.....ahem.

Social source share

Then there's also the seller overlooking the simple request of confirming receipt of said paypal payment from buyer...... alas.......!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

General Moan would be a good DJ alias 

Some cracking records out there by 'General Moan and the Unfulfilled'.

I'll start.... 'Unsatisfied'?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I think paypal changed their routines a while back. I suddenly got several address requests from sellers after sending payment. It took me a while to notice that paypal had stopped adding shipping address by default.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!