moon

Newbie *trying* To Avoid Being A Numpty

Aye up, I am Nikki, Barnsley lass, artist, wifey, mum of one lad (11) ....moon being the only name I have ever used on forums in the past ....love many genres of music, although listened to allot of Soul, Motown and 70s in general growing up from my Dad....hubby was a sort of mod in his day (80s) and introduced me to lots of music around that....

I am completely wet behind the ears about the Northern Soul Scene but simply love the music....what I lack in knowledge I make up in enthusiasm (usually making me look a right numpty)....would just love to learn, listen and hopefully one day enjoy contributing the community/scene where I can and make friends.

Oh and by the way, is there a special name for some of the skirts (full circle, sometimes contrast lined) I see on some YouTube vids please....because I can't seem to figure it out! Tia!

Lovely to meet you,

Nik :-)

Aye up, I am Nikki, Barnsley lass, artist, wifey, mum of one lad (11) ....moon being the only name I have ever used on forums in the past ....love many genres of music, although listened to allot of Soul, Motown and 70s in general growing up from my Dad....hubby was a sort of mod in his day (80s) and introduced me to lots of music around that....

I am completely wet behind the ears about the Northern Soul Scene but simply love the music....what I lack in knowledge I make up in enthusiasm (usually making me look a right numpty)....would just love to learn, listen and hopefully one day enjoy contributing the community/scene where I can and make friends.

Oh and by the way, is there a special name for some of the skirts (full circle, sometimes contrast lined) I see on some YouTube vids please....because I can't seem to figure it out! Tia!

Lovely to meet you,

Hi Nik

Welcome to Soul Source. Lots off friendly people and great music on here.

I'm Nice by the way.

Nice

:elvis:  

Lovely to meet you,

Hi Nik. Welcome to soul source. We're all numpties on here so you will fit right in.

Steve

Hi Nik

Welcome to Soul Source, we have several venues in and around Barnsley. If you call make yourself known - you'll be made welcome.

Next one is at Trades - week on Friday, Deano who is resident dj along with myself is also an artist as his wife. 

Derek

post-12950-0-38820100-1416957727_thumb.j

Welcome, you've got the main thing on board and that's the music, if its knowledge you want listen to whats said and don't be afraid to ask questions this scene has the most friendliness crowd ever most people who can help you will do so. Buy the fanzine mags they are most informative, plenty of sites on the internet buy the books that have been written by those who made this music. Let me tell you EVERYBODY is still learning about the facts. Lastly don't ask me cus ive forgotten most of it (well you can ask a little bit) I know nothing about skirts so we will have to pass on that one. Gilly and Nicola

Hello lovelies, a very long time since I managed to remember my login details....numpty! Anyway, thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated! Still loving Northern Soul more than ever, just can't get enough.... Even leaking into my painting, so tried my hand cos I can't dance it too well lol...am sure theres a more appropriate place to pop a link so will try find it. Will leave a pic if I can work it out tho! Have a cracking weekend :-)

Oh, I cannot see any typing unless I pop it on bold, sorry for that, its on what am presuming is the new mobile site, and am on an iPad 3... Cheers 

Hello lovelies, a very long time since I managed to remember my login details....numpty! Anyway, thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated! Still loving Northern Soul more than ever, just can't get enough.... Even leaking into my painting, so tried my hand cos I can't dance it too well lol...am sure theres a more appropriate place to pop a link so will try find it. Will leave a pic if I can work it out tho! Have a cracking weekend :-)

Oh, I cannot see any typing unless I pop it on bold, sorry for that, its on what am presuming is the new mobile site, and am on an iPad 3... Cheers 

Hiya.

You could post a link to your paintings in the Freebasing forum.

Peter

Hiya.

You could post a link to your paintings in the Freebasing forum.

Peter

Cheers Peter, I popped it in the Ebay one, wasn't too sure where to pop it! Trying to navigate this new site and reading up on all the changes :-)

Cheers Peter, I popped it in the Ebay one, wasn't too sure where to pop it! Trying to navigate this new site and reading up on all the changes :-)

No problem Nikki. Click on this link and then click the Start New Topic button on the top right hand side.

:thumbsup:

No problem Nikki. Click on this link and then click the Start New Topic button on the top right hand side.

:thumbsup:

will I be better removing that in the Ebay section, I missed it being just vinyl...am rubbish at this stuff! 

Aye up Steve, cheers about the paintings...written my login down cos am rubbish at this....and dancing but what I lack in skill I make up in enthusiasm lol :-)

Nik

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.