News: Frances Nero RIP

Mickjay33

A lovely smiley woman as I remember, as Kev says she was at Motown Museum as a guide when we visit in 2009, she and Lorraine Chandler showed us around giving us all a glimpse into the world of how Motown worked, laughing when she showed us the small bright Tangerine Orange vinyl sofa where the Great Mr Gaye slept after boxing records through the night for distribution the next day and how he lay in the funeral parlour next door after his death and that everyone in between takes would slip out to pay their respects. I also remember that they all (Motown artists etc) at The Memphis Smoke Diner after, it was her Birthday & the crowd sang "Happy Birthday" to her, together with Mel Britt singing along with "She'll come running back" & the Capitols after much persuasion sing "Cool Jerk" acapella along with an excited & appreciative crowd of Brit's etc sang along. Memories hey & the pulled Pork wasn't bad either. :hatsoff2:  :thumbup: 

Spot. :shades: 

Social source share

Guest rushden

R.I.P Frances

Any one fortunate to be  at the soul trip Usa event  will never forger her. I was lucky to share lunch with her a experience I will treasure for ever . Thank you Kev & Sam for making it happen.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!