What Are Todays Top Ten Northern Singles November 2015?

Guest johnny hart

Guest johnny hart

The last big allnighter/venue i went too was Kings hall stoke in 1999.From  memory the top 10 was roughly as follows;                                                                                                               " HE WHO PICKS AROSE" JIMMY RUFFIN                                                                                   "JEANETTE" WADE FLEMONS.                                                                                           "LOVE IS ALRIGHT"  JESSE JAMES>                                                                                   "IF YOU DONT COME"  PATIENCE VALENTINE>                                                                           " STORMY"   THE SUPREMES.                                                                                           "IVE HAD IT GEORGE SMITH>                                                                                         "TRYING TO LOVE TWO" BARBARA LYNN                                                                                  "KISS MY LOVE GOODBYE" BETTYE SWAN.                                                                               " BABY, BABY DONT WASTE MY TIME"  GLADYS KNIGHT.                                                                   " I JUST WANT TO FALL IN LOVE" DETROIT SPINNERS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          What would the top Tens be at venues today, big and small?

Social source share

Come on now we can all do better than that. keep on trucking.

No offence meant Kind Regards Mick L

The last big allnighter/venue i went too was Kings hall stoke in 1999.From  memory the top 10 was roughly as follows;                                                                                                               " HE WHO PICKS AROSE" JIMMY RUFFIN                                                                                   "JEANETTE" WADE FLEMONS.                                                                                           "LOVE IS ALRIGHT"  JESSE JAMES>                                                                                   "IF YOU DONT COME"  PATIENCE VALENTINE>                                                                           " STORMY"   THE SUPREMES.                                                                                           "IVE HAD IT GEORGE SMITH>                                                                                         "TRYING TO LOVE TWO" BARBARA LYNN                                                                                  "KISS MY LOVE GOODBYE" BETTYE SWAN.                                                                               " BABY, BABY DONT WASTE MY TIME"  GLADYS KNIGHT.                                                                   " I JUST WANT TO FALL IN LOVE" DETROIT SPINNERS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          What would the top Tens be at venues today, big and small?

Social source share

Sorry, but that ridiculous formatting is doing my head in! Here you go - one orderly list!

"HE WHO PICKS AROSE" JIMMY RUFFIN

"JEANETTE" WADE FLEMONS.                                                                                          

"LOVE IS ALRIGHT"  JESSE JAMES                                                                                  

"IF YOU DONT COME"  PATIENCE VALENTINE                                                                           

" STORMY"   THE SUPREMES.                                                                                          

"IVE HAD IT GEORGE SMITH                                                                                        

"TRYING TO LOVE TWO" BARBARA LYNN                                                                                

"KISS MY LOVE GOODBYE" BETTYE SWAN.                                                                              

" BABY, BABY DONT WASTE MY TIME"  GLADYS KNIGHT.                                                                  

" I JUST WANT TO FALL IN LOVE" DETROIT SPINNERS.

What would the top Tens be at venues today, big and small?

Edited by Russell Gilbert
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

That's why I stopped going stoke. Was no different from the first one till the ninth one when I stopped. Apart from the theme nights. IE.rare, torch etc etc

Steve

Social source share

Come on now we can all do better than that. keep on trucking.

No offence meant Kind Regards Mick L

I agree Mick, some people hearing most of those tunes from the 1999 allnighter on a regular basis might be put off going to any more.

I know I won't be disappointed at the next Stubshaw.

Perhaps you could list a stubby top ten for readers; I suggest Harvey Scales - too good to be true and Vonettes - Touch my heart from your box as a start.

:hatsoff2: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!