Help Id A Tune Matt Played Rare Room Radcliffe

Dean

Should have asked at the time but was mid conversation. Last record played by Matt in the rare room at Radcliffe. Stevie Wonder (?) , thought I knew it at the time. I have been less sure as the day lengthened. The only thing I have in my mind is "Be Cool Be Calm (Keep Yourself Together) but don't think that had a 45 release? Anybody know, or anybody pass this onto Matt?

Social source share

I'm not confident at all that the tune Matt played was Be Cool Be Calm, just that's the only Stevie Wonder track my brain is tracking down but I think I've lost the tune that was played in my mind now and my brain has gone back to what it knows, humming Be Cool Be Calm to itself! Given the rest of Matt's set I would expect it to be not easily available (not that there's any complaint if it is). Just one of those times when a tune catches your ear and starts to bother you later.

Any one on here who was in the room? It was pretty busy at the time, think it was Matt's last record before Andy came on?

I'm going to be so embarrassed when it turns out not to be a Stevie Wonder track at all!

Social source share

:thumbsup: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu5eF56pmA

Album only.

This and a cheap MFP sounds Superb comp which IMO is probably harder to find than original album

That Mfp album has about three other great dance tacks on it as well as some great listening tunes use to play the Stevie wonder track at Horwich about 13/14 years ago still got the album but my eyes cant find the tracks the same anymore!! Doh!! I wouldn't mind but from memory its's only the second track in!! and yes I did go to SpecSavers! :lol:

Social source share

I'm not confident at all that the tune Matt played was Be Cool Be Calm, just that's the only Stevie Wonder track my brain is tracking down but I think I've lost the tune that was played in my mind now and my brain has gone back to what it knows, humming Be Cool Be Calm to itself! Given the rest of Matt's set I would expect it to be not easily available (not that there's any complaint if it is). Just one of those times when a tune catches your ear and starts to bother you later.

Any one on here who was in the room? It was pretty busy at the time, think it was Matt's last record before Andy came on?

I'm going to be so embarrassed when it turns out not to be a Stevie Wonder track at all!

Matt Sneath,Dean.? Ring you later. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Brainstorm's bit to disco for me, my favourite is the Hip City Soul Club Release JJ Barnes

Nice version but still Brainstorm for me :thumbsup:  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!