Ponds Forge, Sheffield City Centre

Firstly.... sorry Brett.... smile.pngshades.gif

Anyway.... just "plugging" the next event.... Friday 12th November....
Brett "wheels of steel" Franklin will be making his his 1st guest appearance at "his local do".... along with other guests....

I know it's the first night of Fleetwood w/e'er but it ain't our fault it clashes this year.... w/e'er moved from 1st w/e in Oct to 2nd w/e in Nov.... not Kev's fault either I understand....

Still running the night as we haven't missed one since starting back in Sept 2000 and I know not all folks venture to the w/e'er as been asked numerous times "is it still on".... the answer is YES smile.png as obviously we're not going to full w/e'er this year, just probably the Sat nite....

• Replies 98
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

On a serious note,Ponds Forge has always championed original vinyl records (the way i like it) John It'll be a similar set but i'm gonna kick off with a few early 70's grooves(hope Mark doesn't play anything i have first ! , suppose like Mr Rimmer and Mr Bicknell said to me, you gotta have something in reserve...... So i'll just play flip sides :) ) The Soulsville anniversary was an excellent CD, and i would seriously have thought about buying such a tremendous compilation.

Hadn't actually included that one Jamie, don't wanna give the game away so i'll keep my lips sealed.

link

I'll say nothing else then my friend :)

Would love to make it down. Just a bridge too far I think.

Although that tree does sound tempting :)

Jamie

(forgot to say thanks for the compliments on the Soulsville CD - cheers Pal!)

Edited by Jamie

On a serious note,Ponds Forge has always championed original vinyl records (the way i like it) John It'll be a similar set but i'm gonna kick off with a few early 70's grooves(hope Mark doesn't play anything i have first ! , suppose like Mr Rimmer and Mr Bicknell said to me, you gotta have something in reserve...... So i'll just play flip sides :P ) The Soulsville anniversary was an excellent CD, and i would seriously have thought about buying such a tremendous compilation.

link

Not been on SS for a couple of days cuz busy :P so to your post Brett.... you'll be safe with whatever you "enlighten" us with :P .... looks like I'm last man as have to stay around to "set down"....

Hey Mark, this might be a fine chance to review Ponds Forge, don't think it's got the treatment on here before ,think i'll get my thesaurus ready in heightened anticipation,few more attending Soul Sources ought to chip in to.

Hey Mark, this might be a fine chance to review Ponds Forge, don't think it's got the treatment on here before ,think i'll get my thesaurus ready in heightened anticipation,few more attending Soul Sources ought to chip in to.

link

Sounds OK to me mate :( .... although I probably won't do it myself cuz I always think you get the more honest opinions from "punters" as "promoters" can be biased IMO and only use such self written "reviews" as "plugging" and "self promotion" material :P

I know Mike and the mods suggest otherwise re promoters writing a review but I'm never too sure :(:P:P:P ....

That's not to say I wouldn't add anything to comments raised if needs be :D ....

Edited by vaultofsouler

Sounds OK to me mate :P .... although I probably won't do it myself cuz I always think you get the more honest opinions from "punters" as "promoters" can be biased IMO and only use such self written "reviews" as "plugging" and "self promotion" material :P

Thinking of anybody in particular ? :P

Past your bedtime Steve :P

link

Seriously though, Ponds Forge is a really good night. As Mark says, across the board. This months choice of several guests should be very interesting.

Always plenty of beer drunk as well.

Recommended to every one on the site :P

Lets keep this friendly Mark, and show everyone that us Dee Dahs aren't

hillbillies like you get in Leeds and Wolverhampton ! :P   :(   :P   :P

link

GGGRRRRRRRR!!

(Aw shooot, dang, wheres did ah leeve mah 12 booor) :P

Seriously though, Ponds Forge is a really good night. As Mark says, across the board. This months choice of several guests should be very interesting.

Always plenty of beer drunk as well.

Recommended to every one on the site :P

link

The "soul police" will be out with the "accross the board" bit :P ....

Let's just say "encompassing the different genres the current scene embraces" that the floor wants and asks for :P

At your sister/wife/aunties trailer ?

Yeehah  wacko.gif

link

I might just surprise a few people yet and storm the building and take the DJ end.

Nowt like getting your 'Home' end taken is there??? :P

Sounds like a crackin' night, would love to be there,

Jamie :P

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can make it this month but if not I'll certainly be back in December.

And by the way, I've captioned the above image.... (nice to see a fellow appreciator of rotten dot com by the way  :D )

link

I think you have made a spelling mistake though mate.....

should be "Currie", as in Tony :D

Apparently Mark Etheridge (Promoter and Godfather of TheVault Of Soul) has generously offered to buy all the nights DJs free drinks of their choice, plus the fare for the Taxi home :D .

Wish more Promoters would take this tremendous Christian approach.

Yours Brett on possibly his last appearence at Ponds Forge before being Banned for life by Mark Etheridge :D

Apparently Mark Etheridge (Promoter and Godfather of TheVault Of Soul) has generously offered to buy all the nights DJs free drinks of their choice, plus the fare for the Taxi home :D .

Yours Brett on possibly his last appearence at Ponds Forge before being Banned for life by Mark Etheridge :D

link

:D:D:D:D after spluttering my coffee all over the monitor and keyboard....

Seriously though Brett.... I don't mind getting you a :D or :D:D ....

See you later.... :P

link

Any idea what time you are on Brett ?

Yours Brett on possibly his last appearence at Ponds Forge before being Banned for life by Mark Etheridge :P

link

WOW there's a first , the words Promoter and generous, in the same sentence.

We'll be there supporting you tonight Brett.................. :D

Any idea what time you are on Brett ?

link

Line up is as follows Steve and other interested parties....

8-9 Baz

9-10 Brett Franklin

10-11 Glynn Sissons

11-12 John Vincent

12-1 Errol Green

1-2 yours truly.... reminder to self.... not too many :D:D:D:D 's first.... :D:D

May change slighty as I seem to recall a semi drunken chat with Brett somewhere about "double decking" so you never know.... could be 9-10 and 1-2 together.... we'll see.... :Dwacko.gif:D:P

WOW there's a first , the words Promoter and generous, in the same sentence.

We'll be there supporting you tonight Brett.................. :D

link

Brilliant John can't wait to see you and your good lady,certain we can have a word with Mark about a chance for you to spin some of your vinyl in a future Ponds Forge event

Line up is as follows Steve and other interested parties....

8-9 Baz

9-10 Brett Franklin

10-11 Glynn Sissons

11-12 John Vincent

12-1 Errol Green

1-2 yours truly.... reminder to self.... not too many :D   :D   :D   :D 's first.... :D   :D

May change slighty as I seem to recall a semi drunken chat with Brett somewhere about "double decking" so you never know.... could be 9-10 and 1-2 together.... we'll see.... :D   wacko.gif   :D   :P

link

Spoke to JV last night. Expect some great 60's from him, no doubt including Jerri Shaw, Mary Saxton, Hesitations, Larry Clinton (Alt. take)

and of course, Jackie Day.

Just like to say within the last 2 weeks i have had the honour (a rather daunting one to) to play on the same event as Pat Brady and now tonight the legendary John Vincent. I'm just a punter with the odd vinyl record, so thanks to my man Jamie and of course the Vault Of Souler Mr Etheridge.

ps we have the run of S/Source today as a bunch of regs will be deciding as we talk whos gonna sleep where at Blackpool :D

Edited by Brett

Just like to say within the last 2 weeks i have had the honour (a rather daunting one to) to play on the same event as Pat Brady and now tonight the legendary John Vincent. I'm just a punter with the odd vinyl record, so thanks to my man Jamie and of course the Vault Of Souler Mr Etheridge.

ps we have the run of S/Source today as a bunch of regs will be deciding as we talk whos gonna sleep where at Blackpool :D

link

Not sure why Brett but interest in this weekender appears to be on the low side this year even though "site" sold out.... on about the many more who have stayed elsewhere in past with a weekend pass giving it a miss.... know of quite a few local (South Yorks) folk not going.... some just contemplating the Sat nite though.... myself included.... still not decided though....

When first realised it clashed due to their date change I must admit a little trepidation on numbers tonight.... but my phone and e-mail has received quite a few enquiries as to "are you still on" so you never know mate.... interest appears to be about normal.... :D

link

You mentioned the dirty word 'Sleep' at Blackpool.

Knowing the SSCDT as I do, I think not!!!!

More of a discussion as to where to put the ale!! :D