Sandra Wright Midnight Affair

If it’s from cannedmusic2011, it’s an original, they found a haul of "rare" records a while back.

For supposedly a rare record there are three different pressing of the “issue”. One is vinyl dark red label with black Truth logo.  The other two are styrene (I believe) on a red label with the Truth logo in white with red text and one of them has the time of the intro.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Mine is the brown labelled vinyl version.... So that's another pressing run ! I'll be honest and say I've only ever seen this design and the red one pictured above, both vinyl, not styrene...

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

The reason for so many different pressings, and different looking pressings of this records rests in the perilous position of Stax's finances by the time that this record came out.

They were close to bankruptcy and using whatever credit lines they could find to press whatever runs they could. At that point they were also struggling to get the records out to distributors.

At some point they also bought an old hand press, and were pressing the records themselves, which may account for records that look the same pressing wise but have different coloured labels.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!