Al Kent - Ooh Pretty Lady - Ric Tic

Pete S

I just played this for the first time in - what - 10 years maybe.

I can't tell you how absolutely f*cking brilliant it sounded.

One of those records that is so cheap, about £4, but you forget they're what the scene was built on, and it really is a cracking little instrumental.

That's all I wanted to say really.

I absolutely love this 45 and I could never understand why 'The Way you've been acting lately' gets all the plaudits as it's a dull plodder compared to this. IMO.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I absolutely love this 45 and I could never understand why 'The Way you've been acting lately' gets all the plaudits as it's a dull plodder compared to this. IMO.

dull plodder? gotta be kidding..ooh pretty and pay the price have always been easy to aquire acting much less so..i never managed to get a copy during the 74-78 years i was attending allnighters, finally got a copy about 10 years ago..plus the inst version of acting was a big spin..

Social source share

Maybe a plodder but has such a fantastic vocal...I'd take it over this...but I really love this

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I just played this for the first time in - what - 10 years maybe.

I can't tell you how absolutely f*cking brilliant it sounded.

One of those records that is so cheap, about £4, but you forget they're what the scene was built on, and it really is a cracking little instrumental.

That's all I wanted to say really.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.. About 2 years ago I did the same thing PETE, I then had to dig out the TRACK & POLYDOR 45s from DETROIT and they would make if all were played a excellent DJ spot any time, also the memories of the TRACK BACKTRACK series was it 6 or 9? with some great examples of the RIC-TIC GOLDEN WORLD REVILOT GROOVESVILE records that rivalled MOTOWN in the late 6ts, here as you all know is the vocal & my fave rave the HOLIDAYS featuring EDWIN STARR, & the instrumental; "MAKIN TIME" a wee bit more expensive on the UK release but  us copy is cheap?

I  have only 2 more POLYDOR 45s to go in fact it's more as I need a couple of demos also. :( DAVE

:thumbsup: 2 from the collectionpost-13241-0-87586400-1418470110_thumb.j

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!