soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

If you look on YouTube most are DM...09  ,  BUT there is one white demo with the different "globes" label and the DM.... 06 pressing.

Same T54069 matrix no. and "Way Over There" on flip.

The 06 is a ZTSC pressing.    Are they different mix's ?   I am finding it difficult to tell.

Never seen anything mentioned about these pressings before.

Cheers...............      Tom.   Banbury.

Social source share

After a quick look on popsike the 06 mix appears to be only on the Columbia Custom pressing (ZTSP 83675).

The RCA, MidWest and Monarch presses all use the other version.

Just listened to both on the Complete Motown Singles 1962 set. Pretty clear differences. The 06 mix has more prominent percussion yet a smoother overall beat. Strings really different in both mixes.

post-1080-0-46781200-1417794294_thumb.jp

Edited by garethx
Social source share

• 4 years later...

Ok so I know this thread goes back some time but looking through the boxes I got a little curious about this. I've looked at Popsike and Google in general and I don't seem to see this label variant (see scan).

It has 2 stamps in the run out groove - one is "Nashville Matrix" and the other I cant make out as its smaller (you might be able to make this out if you can enlarge - bottom left to the left of the Nashville matrix). The DM025209 is scratched in the run out also with a small "10" about 1 cm to the right.

Way over there is the flip BTW.

If any of you Motown aficionados can provide some info, that would be great.

Cheers

Andy

miracles.jpg

Edited by Billy Jo Jim Bob
Social source share