6 Killer Funk/modern 45's Smokin' Shades/master Force/pure Funk

Please PM or email ‘funk45@fsmail.net’ to reserve or buy or if you have any questions: Quick payment overules any hold I'm afraid as I’ve been let down too many times.

Thanks for looking — Some rare ones here >>> Youtube clips are not mine — just a reference soundfile for you to audition the track

1) Smokin’ shades of black — Grease Wheels/Love ship (Stem 23-1 A/B) EX £300

What can I say ? A very reluctant sale : Super scarce & very rare solid slice of organ driven funk with party style horns : Nothing out there that’s like it : Keb Darge/Butch spin.
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWMaf5p_ghY

2) Cross Bronx Expressway — Help your brother/Cross Bronx  expressway (Zell) EX £200

A top 2 sider if there ever was one : Ghetto funk on one side and ghetto disco on t’other
www.youtube.com/watch?v=04HrSNWH80M

3) Pure Funk- Nothing left is real/Searching (Planet Earth) EX £200

Superb & in demand funky soul - rare groove 2-sider, great condition! Scroll down for a soundclip of both sides here ->
    https://www.discogs.com/Pure-Funk-Searching-Nothing-Left-Is-Real/release/1376181

4) Master Force - Hey Girl/Don't Fight The Feeling (RAIN FOREST) EX £250

Absolute classic double helping of modern soul of the highest order! This sells itself! A lot of debate about whether the 12 of this is better — for me the 45 is better, much warmer with a much better mix, vocals much more upfront & a better arrangement (12 has a few messy kind of rushed sections) — Don’t get me wrong the 12 is great but the 45 nicks it for me! Decide for yourself

45 -

12 -

+ Don’t sleep on the beautiful flute led 2-step tune on the flip!

5) Nick Allen — Hard way to go/Don't Make Me Be What You Don't Want Me To Be (Wallas) Ex £75

Another solid 45 — Strange & beguiling arrangement unlike anything else out there — Not only a great A side but maybe the most epic deep soul B side you’ll hear in a long time — Give it a listen — Very special!

6) Garden of Eden ~ Everybody's on a Trip/It Takes Two  (French Records) £45
Superb Mid tempo ghetto Modern soul killer with that oh so good MooG/Horn blend. This 45 is a difficult one to grade — There is some heat damage that has caused a warp on the outer edge of this 45, meaning without careful cueing & appropriate stylus weight it may jump — it makes a tick sound for about 20 secs — Like I say if you adjust your stylus weight and have a cart that tracks decently like an Ortofon there should be no problem, Been DJing with it with no problems — Full refund if not happy — Apparently there is a way to mend this bit I’m not brave enough to try any of the methods suggested!

Payment by PayPal as gift (family & friends), Postage is £2.50 UK Recorded Delivery or £7.00 UK Special Delivery. Overseas at cost.No quibble money back guarantee if not happy.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source