Eddie Bishop / Joe And George / Don Gardner / Gladys Knight + More

Themichael

!!! SOUL FOR SALE !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDDIE BISHOP — CALL ME / WHAT DID HE SAY? (ABC 10799)

PRICE:  US $70.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  G / Label: VG++

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Northern instrumental in its first issue.   Hairline crack through entire record that DOES NOT affect play whatsoever, hence the grade and price.  Minor surface wear that does not affect play.  Plays through perfectly and 100% usable for DJ purposes — Sounds clean!  Your chance to grab this for cheap!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOE AND GEORGE — NO ONE LOVES YOU / YOU’RE GONNA MISS ME (NOW D.J. Copy)

PRICE:  US $45.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  NM / Label: NM

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Northern stomper that gets it done every time.  Nuff said.

DON GARDNER — YOUR LOVE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY / THERE AIN’T GONNA BE NO LOVING (MR G. 824)

PRICE:     $35.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  M /  Label: M

DESCRIPTION:  Crossover perfection, perhaps about the same lady who likes to boogaloo?  Pristine copy.

GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS — STOP AND GET AHOLD OF MYSELF / WHO KNOWS (MAXX 334)

PRICE:  US $30.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG- / Label: VG-

DESCRIPTION:  Dramatic mid-tempo Northern mover.  Surface marks with minor audible noise.  Some label wear.  Totally playable for DJ purposes.

UNITED FOUR — SHE’S PUTTING YOU ON / GO ON (HARTHON UN-139, DJ Copy)

PRICE:     $30.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG / Label: VG+

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Northern dancer.  Minor off-center pressing, with customized adapter inserted in center hole (hence the grade).  Otherwise EX grade for the surface.  Plays perfectly for DJing purposes.  Some writing on label, and “DJ COPY” stamp.

LINDA JONES  & WHATNAUTS — I’M SO GLAD I FOUND YOU / WHATNAUTS — WORLD SOLUTION (STANG 5039)

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG++/ Label: VG++

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Northern Soul combo from Linda Jones and the Whatnauts.  Minor surface marks that do not affect play.  Clean labels, with minor bubbling on B Side.  Superb sound quality.

The soundclip provided below is not a recording of the vinyl for sale.  Sound clip and/or photo upon request.

ENDEAVORS  — I KNOW YOU DON’T WANT ME / SHATTERED DREAMS (STOP 372)

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  NM /  Label: VG+

DESCRIPTION:  Classic funky Northern groover.  Clean vinyl.  Minor label wear and sticker

The soundclip provided below is not a recording of the vinyl for sale.  Sound clip and/or photo upon request.

TRINI LOPEZ — O SENSACIONAL (ODEON, BRAZIL) — including “Sinner not a Saint”

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  EX/ Picture Sleeve:  VG+ / Label: VG

DESCRIPTION:  Brazilian 4-song EP featuring Trini’s Northern/Popcorn classic “Sinner Not a Saint” (along with “Rosita,” “Where Can My Baby Be,” and “Only in My Dreams”).   Absolutely clean vinyl and great sound quality.    Sticker on one label.   Otherwise, a clean copy.

THE MOHAWKS — THE CHAMP / SOUND OF THE WITCH DOCTORS (PAMA)

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG+/ Label:  VG+

DESCRIPTION:  Absolutely classic funk/breaks dancer from the Palmer Brothers.  First issue UK PAMA.  Minor surface marks that do not affect play.  Great sound quality.   

THE MARVELLETTES — I’LL KEEP ON HOLDING ON / NO TIME FOR TEARS (TAMLA 54116)

PRICE:     $20.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  EX /  Label: M

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Northern Soul on the Tamla label.  Stock copy with one minor scratch on the A side that does not affect play.  Superb sound quality.

LEZLI VALENTINE — I WON’T DO ANYTHING / I’VE GOT TO KEEP ON LOVING YOU (ALL PLATINUM 2305)

PRICE:  US $20.00

CONDITION:   VG++

DESCRIPTION:  Sweet soul double sider of the highest order!  First issue on this classic New Jersey label.  “I Won’t Do Anything” was subsequently covered by DC soul group the Moments (which is excellent).  This female vocal original, however, is amazingly sensual and is the perfect DJ weapon for the end of the night!  I’ve seen many people squeeze tight to this one!

VOLCANOS — HELP WANTED / A LADY’S MAN (A VOL-4/VOL-7)

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG+ / Label: VG-

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Philadelphia Northern mover.  Minor surface wear that does not affect play.  Writing, ring wear, and sticker mark on labels.  Sounds great.

AC REED — BOOGALOO TRAMP / TALKIN’ ‘BOUT MY FRIENDS (NIKE 2002)

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  EX/ Label:  VG+

DESCRIPTION:  Classic funk/breaks dancer.  Absolutely clean vinyl, with one minor surface mark on the B side.  Otherwise, great sound quality.    SWOL of A side.

MAURICE MCALLISTER — BABY HANG ON (CHESS 1-SIDED PROMO)

PRICE: $20.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  VG /  Label: VG+

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Chicago Northern from the front man of the Radiants on Chess 1-sided promo.  Minor surface marks that do not affect play.  Works perfectly for DJing.

TENISON STEPHENS — WHERE WOULD YOU BE / CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU (CHESS 2073)

PRICE:     $15.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  EX /  Label: EX

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Chicago crossover/Northern Soul mover on the Chess label.  Stock copy with minor surface marks on the A side that do not affect play.  Superb sound quality.

THE JOHNNY OTIS SHOW — THE WATTS BREAKAWAY / YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME (EPIC WLP)

PRICE:     $15.00

CONDITION:  Vinyl:  M /  Label: M

DESCRIPTION:  Classic Cali funk/breaks w/ vocals by Delmar Evans on a white label promo. Stock copy.  Clean labels, clean vinyl, and superb sound quality.

PAYMENT: By PayPal as gift (family & friends).  Postage is $4.00 U.S., or $11.50 international, for the first two records. If purchasing more, please inquire.

RETURNS:   If you are not satisfied, money back guarantee, with return shipping at your expense.

CLIPS:  None of the clips posted here are from the actual records.  If you require a clip and/or photo, please PM me to inquire.

Thanks for looking! Edited by themichael
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Trini Lopez, Maurice McAllister, Johnny Otis, Eddie Bishop, Gladys Knight, Linda/Whatnauts, Joe and George, Endeavors - SOLD.

Marvelettes  - ON HOLD

Volcanos, United Four, Don Gardner, A.C. Reed, Mohawks, Tenison Stephens - STILL AVAILABLE

Edited by themichael
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!