Mark Lamarr And Dale Winton Radio Two Now

• Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Am I the only one who finds it less than exciting that two Radio 2 personalities are playing what is now very mainstream commercial 'Northern Soul' on the BBC when there are great internet radio shows in danger of closing because of lack of support?

Social source share

Am I the only one who finds it less than exciting that two Radio 2 personalities are playing what is now very mainstream commercial 'Northern Soul' on the BBC when there are great internet radio shows in danger of closing because of lack of support?

I don't find them exciting in the least, but I get fed up of listening to 5 Live and Talk Sport all week so this is the only bit of music radio I listen to. But I know what you mean.

Social source share

I would've thought that exposure of soul music to a large audience is preferable to none at all?

Derek

Social source share

And there you have it..the only bit of music radio you listen to is mainstream Radio 2 with a bit of Northern in it.

Its like all the excitement when Kentucky Fried Chicken took the radical step of using Northern tracks in the commercials or when Persil created a 'Northern' track for the TV commercials when Grapevine were releasing on 45 great unissued Eddie Holman stuff from the vaults and hardly a word was said.

That Nicole Willis 45 was perceived to be 'rare' so it got a lot of attention (I like it by the way and bought it at the time ) but because the Grapevine 45's were easily obtainable (but pressed in exactly the same amounts I suspect) there aws no where near as much fuss. and now Dale and Mark are playing it on the radio.Whoopy do. Hopefully someones mum will like it then.

Social source share

And there you have it..the only bit of music radio you listen to is mainstream Radio 2 with a bit of Northern in it.

Its like all the excitement when Kentucky Fried Chicken took the radical step of using Northern tracks in the commercials or when Persil created a 'Northern' track for the TV commercials when Grapevine were releasing on 45 great unissued Eddie Holman stuff from the vaults and hardly a word was said.

That Nicole Willis 45 was perceived to be 'rare' so it got a lot of attention (I like it by the way and bought it at the time ) but because the Grapevine 45's were easily obtainable (but pressed in exactly the same amounts I suspect) there aws no where near as much fuss. and now Dale and Mark are playing it on the radio.Whoopy do. Hopefully someones mum will like it then.

Thought this forum was about sharing of information for topics related to soul, terribly sorry Simon if this has upset you :D . On the subject of advertisements see the pringles ad has an "Old Soul" sound as its backing track now too shhh.gif

I thought cos' Dale was involved in the programme, as an "Old Wigan boy" there might have been more sounds on it that what there currently is. Maybe you ought to go back to bed and try later :D

respect

Dawn

Social source share

And how the hell would you know what i listen to then?

Have listen to your show before, only the once mind. thmbdn.gif

Derek

Social source share

You can listen to what you like Pete can't you?

I didnt say dont listen to anything I just said it wasn't much to get excited about.Get over yourself mate.

Oh sorry, I'll listen to some fukcing Morroccan Nose Flute Music for you shall I?
Social source share

Didnt take much to work out that my reply was to Pete Smith not you. I dont really care what you listen to. And if you judge something on one listen mate thats your loss not mine ! yes.gif

Quote blackwhite

Have listen to your show before, only the once mind.

Have listen to your show before, only the once mind.

Social source share

Errr.. not the point Pete. You stated that the only music radio you listened to was this show. I said there are others and I dont find the prospect of Dale and Mark playing Nichole Willis very ecxciting. Thats all. Its an opinion on a discussion forum.

Over and out

Social source share

Errr.. not the point Pete. You stated that the only music radio you listened to was this show. I said there are others and I dont find the prospect of Dale and Mark playing Nichole Willis very ecxciting. Thats all. Its an opinion on a discussion forum.

Over and out

I also listen to Pick Of The Pops

Social source share

Guest stash313

I quite enjoy radio 6 Pete,

awful lot of crap but so does every other station mate.

Anyway it was only a tongue in cheek comment! hence the :-))))))))))

Social source share

well I think it's crap, it's a pop record IMO, there's 100's of authentic 60's northern out there that gets overlooked for catchy crap thats instantly forgetable like Nicole Willis :thumbsup: like you say Simon not something to get excited about :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

well I think it's crap, it's a pop record IMO, there's 100's of authentic 60's northern out there that gets overlooked for catchy crap thats instantly forgetable like Nicole Willis :thumbsup: like you say Simon not something to get excited about :thumbsup:

:(

What i dont get is every one jumps on the chance to play this, then The Royal Five - Dont stop gets a realese and nobody touches it with a barge pole :thumbsup:

Social source share

Qiute an aggressive reply to someone who was only trying to let us all know that OUR music was on a NATIONAL radio show?

Social source share

Guest BOO BOO

And I'm not sure why you should take exception to the fact that I listen to radio 2

WELL PETE AM WITH YOU

I LISTEN TO RADIO TWO WHILST WORKING RENOVATING FLATS, AND ITS GOT TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER SHIT LIKE LOCAL RADIO AND RADIO ONE,

I WAS DRIVING BACK FROM FRANCE (VIA DOVER) TO SCOTLAND AND LISTENED TO MARK LAMAR EARLY HOURS LAST FRIDAY AND LIKE THE STUFF HE PLAYS, ALSO LISTENED TO ONE OF DALE WINTONS SPECIAL SHOWS ON SOUL MUSIC AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF, AND HEARD THE SHOW TODAY THEN TUNED IN TO VIP AND OK I MENTIONED IT BEFORE AND HAVE GIVEN IT A CHANCE BUT I LIKE TO HEAR A DJ TALK WHILST LISTENING TO RADIO NOT SOME PRE-RECORDED THING.ALTHOUGH IT DOES MAKE ME LAUGH (LONDON, LA, NEW YORK AND SHEFIELD) AND IT WAS ONLY FEW WEEKS AGO IT WAS THURSDAY BUT THEY HAD PUT ON TUESDAYS RECORDING BY MISTAKE, AT LEAST WITH SOLAR IT IS A LIVE DJ OR IF RECORDING LIKE BIG DADDY HE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE ITS LIVE,

ANYWAY RADIO TWO IS OK ALSO THERE IS THE OTHER GUY NAME ESCAPES ME SOMETIMES ON AT TEA TIME WHO ALSO LOVES HIS NORTHERN SOUL, ALSO SKY HAS OPENED THINGS RIGT UP AS I WRITE THIS I CAN NOW LISTEN TO RICHARD SEARLING ON SMOOTH FM AS SCOTLAND HAS ALWAYS LACKED WHEN IT COMES TO FM SOUL RADIO SHOWS, :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!