Ohio Players - Love Slipped Through My Fingers

Guest Roccia

Guest Roccia

Heard this on soulclub.org and wish to get a copy. Same as Sam Williams, but not so good (I can't afford a Sam Williams copy...). Can't find it on JM and Tim B/Martin K books... Is this issued on a 7"? Label? Current price? Availability?

Thanks in advance...

Roccia

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Heard this on soulclub.org and wish to get a copy. Same as Sam Williams, but not so good (I can't afford a Sam Williams copy...). Can't find it on JM and Tim B/Martin K books... Is this issued on a 7"? Label? Current price? Availability?

Thanks in advance...

Roccia

To be honest, if it was me i'd rather buy the Sam Williams on Grapevine.

Social source share

Guest Roccia

To be honest, if it was me i'd rather buy the Sam Williams on Grapevine.

Matt, Grapevine stuff is not my cup of tea, thanks.

Roccia

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Ciao Roccia, it's originally only on two LPs, the other is Ohio Players "16 Greatest hits". Is it Towanda Barnes on vocals? There is also recent 45 pressing (credited to Townada?) but I've been told the sound quality is poor.

Thanks Heikki...

On LP only...? So no way for me to play this one out... I'll save some money to get a Sam Williams... yes.gif

Ciao

Roccia

Social source share

Lp only shhh.gif thought i got one the other day,every trakc except "love slipped through my fingers",you dont mean it;trespassin`;got a hold on;its a cryin` shame;sophisticated alabama soup bone;a little soul party;over the rainbow;a thing called love;my neighbors;find somebody to love............you dont mean it same as Towanda Barnes.

This is called the very best of.(previously released as the world of)so i`m think this is the one you want?,its got a picture of a turntable on the front,where as the best of as a pair of knikcers on the front :D oh the good one is on "Trip"(springboard records),but i`m sure there another on UA with it on,just not "the best of".

Hope the helps.

Social source share

Lp only
shhh.gif
thought i got one the other day,every trakc except "love slipped through my fingers",you dont mean it;trespassin`;got a hold on;its a cryin` shame;sophisticated alabama soup bone;a little soul party;over the rainbow;a thing called love;my neighbors;find somebody to love............you dont mean it same as Towanda Barnes.

This is called the very best of.(previously released as the world of)so i`m think this is the one you want?,its got a picture of a turntable on the front,where as the best of as a pair of knikcers on the front
:D
oh the good one is on "Trip"(springboard records),but i`m sure there another on UA with it on,just not "the best of".

Hope the helps.

Aye up Ken,

I've still got the two LP's you sold me yers ago, one's called "First Impressions" on Trip which features "You Don't Mean It''

T'other one's just called Ohio Players on Pickwick

Neither feature "Love slipped......"

Don't suppose this helps much oh well

Cheers Paco

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Thanks in advance...

Roccia

it did come out on a boot about a year or so ago but the sound quality is pretty crap, should be able to pick one up off ebay for about a tenner

andy

Social source share

Some of the CD tracks are absolutely appalling quality - dubbed from cassette then I reckon?

Have you got the CD on 'Tring' Dave? I did a quality control review for them about 12 years ago...needless to say that was one that went in the 'delete' plie!

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest Roccia

hi roccia!

why can't you play LPs out? How else would folk get to hear the wonderful 'Sweet Lips Of Joy' by Bobby Bland? I don't see anything wrong with LPs, in the absence of a 45, that is...

cheers,

M

Hi Macca,

I know playing out original LPs is "legit" on the scene, but I don't do this. Carrying around my singles box is tiring enough without adding even an LPs bag...

There are many LP only choons I don't play because of their format, things like: Isley Bros "My Love Is Your Love", Rhetta Hughes "Let Cry Myself To Sleep", The Hesitations "That's The Way The Love Is", and many more...

I don't like to see those big 12" vinyl pans on the decks...

Roccia

it did come out on a boot about a year or so ago but the sound quality is pretty crap, should be able to pick one up off ebay for about a tenner

andy

"VADE RETRO, SATANA...!!!"

Roccia

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Roccia, It also came out on 8 track cartridge if that`s better for you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave f.............

Good one Dave mate...! Stop taking the piss with me for my "talibanism"... :thumbsup:

Roccia

Social source share

On LP only...? So no way for me to play this one out...
Actually there are turntables which also play at 33 rpm. Maybe you should buy one?

:lol:

Paul Mooney

Edited by Paul
Social source share

In the 70s I had a compass test press 45 of this- cannot remeber who I sold it to but it must be very rare- rarer than Sam williams.

The greatest hits lp is ok but the sound is lower that the double Lp if Im not mistaken!

Thought I saw someone on here say they had the Compass test press afew months ago Chalky?

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Actually there are turntables which also play at 33 rpm. Maybe you should buy one?

:P

Paul Mooney

Right Paul, but as you can understand from my previous posts, I'm suffering a fetish syndrome for those 7 inches, 45 rpm, vinyl or styrene records...

LPs are ok for domestic use (as CDs, MP3s, and any other format), but I prefer playing out in public only original singles... This is my personal policy, and I don't blame anyone to adopt a different one. Just say what I do.

Cheers.

Roccia

Social source share

Right Paul, but as you can understand from my previous posts, I'm suffering a fetish syndrome for those 7 inches

Hello Roccia,

A fetish for 7 inches? What kind of clubs do you go to???

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Hello Roccia,

A fetish for 7 inches? What kind of clubs do you go to???

Paul Mooney

At the moment Leaning Tower Soul Club in Pisa, Black Trefoil Soul Club in Genoa, Breakout Soul Club in Milan, Soul Connection in Bologna, Rimini Weekender, and other dirty places over here... :D:D:D:D

About my fetish... US copies only, not UK... because of the big hole... :D:D:D

Social source share

At the moment Leaning Tower Soul Club in Pisa, Black Trefoil Soul Club in Genoa, Breakout Soul Club in Milan, Soul Connection in Bologna, Rimini Weekender, and other dirty places over here... :D:D:(:(

About my fetish... US copies only, not UK... because of the big hole... :lol::lol::lol:

Good grief , this is decending into a cesspit of filth and innuendo. More please.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!