Classic Northern Soul Originals (All Oldies)

Pete S

CLASSIC ORIGINAL NORTHERN OLDIES FOR SALE

Pete.smith@freeuk.com

01902 326306

THE WHISPERS — REMEMBER — SOUL CLOCK                                                                                    EX            25 SOLD

Original with correct matrix

GAIL WYNTERS — YOU GOT THE POWER — HICKORY DEMO                                                      EX            25

One time monster sound

THE OVATIONS — THEY SAY — GOLDWAX DEMO                                                                             M-             20 SOLD

Old Torch floorpacker — nice original

THE SOULFUL STRINGS — BURNING SPEAR — CADET                                                                      M-             15

Memories of Birmingham Locarno — I think — can’t really remember it even though I was there

THE IMPRESSIONS — YOU OUGHT TO BE IN HEAVEN — ABC                                                                        M-             20

Great track. Very light label wear

EDWIN STARR — STOP HER ON SIGHT (SOS) — RIC TIC W/DEMO                                           M-             40 SOLD

Have to say this looks stunning on this mint white demo

RAY CHARLES — I DON’T NEED NO DOCTOR — ABC                                                                                          EX            25 SOLD

Original of course not the recent lookalike

MARVIN HOLMES & JUSTICE — YOU BETTER KEEP HER — BROWN DOOR                          EX            20 SOLD

Couple of non sounding marks on this and a small scratch on the fade out which clicks lightly — hence price

FREDDIE GORMAN — IN A BAD WAY — RIC TIC                                                                                   EX            25

Believe it or not, I never played this before — it’s fantastic!  Midtempo, very ‘uptown’ soul sound

JOHNNY BAKER — SHY GUY — FOG CITY                                                                                                 M-             30 SOLD

This is the rarer ‘upper case’ label version — don’t see this very often

MARLENA SHAW — LET’S WADE IN THE WATER — CADET                                                          VG++      75

Okay check this out, this is not the common blue label, it’s the yellow and red label which I believe is a repromotion from the early 70’s after GRT took over Chess.  It’s the stereo mix with female backing and is great.  Visually it has a few marks and crackles before the record starts, after that, perfect.  Two small tears on the label, not too bad, but one goes through the letter W in Wade.  Quite a long description for a “common” record but I can assure you, it’s not common on this label and in this version.

post-1893-0-28519400-1418304170_thumb.jp

MICKEY LEE LANE — HEY SAH LO NEY — ITZY                                                                                    VG++      50 SOLD

This is not a boot — it’s a legit press by Swan for the Itzy label — proper design, not the scabby old bootleg.  The vinyl is actually excellent but on that first guitar intro part it pops a couple of times.

JOE MATTHEWS —SORRY AIN’T GOOD ENOUGH — THELMA                                                       EX            40

Great Detroit, with Mickey Monkey soundalike on the flip

AL KENT — THE WAY YOU’VE BEEN ACTING LATELY — RIC TIC                                                M-             30

Simply awesome

JO ARMSTEAD — I FEEL AN URGE COMING ON — GIANT                                                                 M-             50 SOLD

Try finding a copy like this which plays mint and has mint labels as well..

ISLEY BROTHERS — WHY WHEN LOVE HAS GONE — TAMLA                                                      EX            20 SOLD

Absolute belter of a dancer. Vinyl maybe looks EX- but plays mint minus, drill hole in label (through the E in Brothers)

BOBBY PATTERSON — MY BABY’S COMING BACK TO ME — JETSTAR DEMO                      M-             30

On yellow vinyl, but a great condition copy on tough DJ release

THE TYMES — HERE SHE COMES — PARKWAY                                                                                   VG++      20 SOLD

Nice issue copy, few marks on vinyl but plays perfectly, little ring wear on label

MAJOR LANCE — INVESTIGATE — OKEH                                                                                                 EX-           25 SOLD

Well…original ‘large 45’ copy but some goon drew a concentric circle on the label with a dark blue pen…

ANN D’ANDREA — DON’T STOP LOOKING — JAMIE                                                                           EX            30 SOLD

Cream / olive label original

PATTI LABELLE & THE BLUEBELLS — LOVING RULES — ATLANTIC                                          EX-           30 SOLD

Forgotten now but was a very big record in the late 7-‘s and one of the harder Atlantic’s to find.  This plays near mint but has some weird marks on the vinyl (not affecting play)

THE GRAND PIANO COMPANY — ESPERANTO — AMPEX ISSUE                                                EX-           25

I know this is crap but when do you ever see a blue label stock copy like this?  Mark on vinyl, plays fine.

KIM WESTON — I GOT WHAT YOU NEED — MGM DEMO                                                                EX            15

Cheapie but nice on a demo.  X on label, stamp on label

I will not be accepting credit and debit cards for much longer I’m afraid — they charge me too much

POSTAGE IS EXTRA

2.50 1ST RECORDED

7.10 SPECIAL

OVERSEAS, WILL QUOTE

PAYPAL / CARD / BANK TRANSFER ALL WELCOME

CHEERS

Pete

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k