Oldies Scene

Simonc

Bit cryptic all this?

Assuming we're commenting on the Crewe venue fiasco, then it seems some old men are squabbling over teritorial rights to make money and or the kudos of promoting events there.

All very sad really.

If we are commenting on that thread....then the squabbling isn't exclusively "oldies scene" is it as one of the "rare scene's" events also gets an airing.

Like I said all very sad.

Instead try analysing said scene, try and put your finger on what a load of old men are trying to do, because I can't

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ah, the Box thread is what it's all about then.

Not sure it's purposely about the oldies scene but there is something unappealing about people who should know better squabbling in a public forum.

It was mildly interesting but lost my attention very quickly.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm surprised that the Box thread was thought to be about the oldies scene. I thought it was mostly about egos and branding. It was the most soul destroying thread I have seen on soul source. It was unedifying and embarrassing. I have no axe to grind, I am just a bloke who goes out dancing to soul music and has done for 40 years, I just think some of the contributors to the thread need to have a word with themselves. All IMHO of course,

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'm surprised that the Box thread was thought to be about the oldies scene. I thought it was mostly about egos and branding. It was the most soul destroying thread I have seen on soul source. It was unedifying and embarrassing. I have no axe to grind, I am just a bloke who goes out dancing to soul music and has done for 40 years, I just think some of the contributors to the thread need to have a word with themselves. All IMHO of course,

I agree with you there. But for me, that was one of the things which was so interesting about it.

I think it was quite revealing (and surprising), perhaps for a lot of us here, just what motivations, relationships, and emotions are in play - 'back of house' so to speak.

It is said that in relationships (typically marital) it is through the arguments and fights along the way that the most is learned about each other. It may also facilitate growth, if considered with the right mindset. Of course, that may be scant consolation for those poor buggers whose wives (or husbands?!) have scarpered in an angry mist of bitterness, betrayal and bile and taken a good 50% or more of the precious vinyl collection with them!

The bastards, eh ... !!

:wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!