Wayne Gibson Boot On Ebay - Its Getting Silly Now

Jim G

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just saw under my thumb on ebay, it looks like the Disco Demand has a label stuck on it, bit to the untrained eye... WTF is the world coming to

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-Wayne-Gibson-Under-my-Thumb-RE-ISSUE-/121514051279?pt=UK_Records&hash=item1c4acd46cf

I saw loads of these the other night, fake British demos, fair enough but he can't get the fonts right so they just don't look right

Social source share

It`s a dreadful version done slightly better by the Stones and should never have been played on the scene. I remember him on Top of the Pops with his Rhinestone Cowboy look, :facepalm: how bloody embarrassing for the whole northern scene, I would rather have had Black Pudding Bertha played at Wigan.  :unsure:

Social source share

It`s a dreadful version done slightly better by the Stones and should never have been played on the scene. I remember him on Top of the Pops with his Rhinestone Cowboy look, :facepalm: how bloody embarrassing for the whole northern scene, I would rather have had Black Pudding Bertha played at Wigan.  :unsure:

It was big way before Wigan opened its doors, so I guess no-one knew who he was, it just sounded right at the right. Guy Darrell "I've Been Hurt" is another example.

Anyway, back on topic, watch for those boots boys and girls, they are really bad IMHO

Social source share

It's a really good version.  I like The Who's version too.  Wayne Gibson was a monster record late 60's early 70's and then a revival in 74

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just saw under my thumb on ebay, it looks like the Disco Demand has a label stuck on it, bit to the untrained eye... WTF is the world coming to

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-Wayne-Gibson-Under-my-Thumb-RE-ISSUE-/121514051279?pt=UK_Records&hash=item1c4acd46cf

Both those listings are quite clear about what they are selling, so the buyers are clear about what they are buying.

Can't see the point of buying them myself but the sellers just seem to be meeting a demand, not trying to con people.

Just IMHO

Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

yep, totally true Paul  :yes:

this face (  :ohmy: ) was for the buyers who knowingly spend all that money on a £3 record with stuck-on photocopy label.

Social source share

Both those listings are quite clear about what they are selling, so the buyers are clear about what they are buying.

Can't see the point of buying them myself but the sellers just seem to be meeting a demand, not trying to con people.

Just IMHO

Thing is they are NOT being clear, claiming is a re-issue.

"RE-ISSUE copy , NOT original , please note

Relabelled Columbia Dj copy

Wayne Gibson - Under my Thumb

supplied in Columbia sleeve"

Being clear should read something like " the is the Pye Disco Demand issue from 1975 with photocopied label stuck on top to make it look like the real thing, which it is not" etc. etc.

Social source share

At my first allnighter at Va Vas, the Stones version was the one played off the Aftermath LP. Just pre Wigan.

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!