The Whole World Knows It...but Me

Dobber

it would be interesting to hear about records that you recently discovered and blew you away,just to realise that the whole northern soul scene as known it for years, but somehow youve completely missed it?

im embarressed to say, that for me i recently heard 'the intruders-check yourself'and all my northern soul faith returned in an instant upon hearing this storming piece of real northern soul.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it would be interesting to hear about records that you recently discovered and blew you away,just to realise that the whole northern soul scene as known it for years, but somehow youve completely missed it?

im embarressed to say, that for me i recently heard 'the intruders-check yourself'and all my northern soul faith returned in an instant upon hearing this storming piece of real northern soul.

happens everyday to me dobber  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

bought this off ian cunliff long time ago at lowton, didnt have any cash on me so he took a cheque for a tenner, top banana is mrC 

Social source share

Isn't this what it's all about,for me it's a learning curve like life,you think you know it all then wow what was that 

It's the same with B-sides. You play 'em when you first buy a record however long ago it was and it doesn't float your boat at the time. And as the your taste changes down the years you pick one out just out of curiosity which suddenly sounds 'right' and you've got a whole new record!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!