Price Please - Green Grunchons Allstars On Boogaloo

Pete S

Apparently, Gary played The Soulmates "Sock-in-soul" on Double Soul...doesn't have that additional brass the Green Grunchons has :hatsoff2:

As I suggested on Face book & having now heard the Green Grunchons this is an exact copy of Jerry O Popcorn Boo-ga-loo Part 2 BL 104

Yes it has the additional Brass & is about a tenner as heard at Solid Hit in London :thumbup:  

Edited by SHSDave
Social source share

As I suggested on Face book & having now heard the Green Grunchons this is an exact copy of Jerry O Popcorn Boo-ga-loo Part 2 BL 104

Yes it has the additional Brass & is about a tenner as heard at Solid Hit in London :thumbup:  

It's not an exact copy, it's a variation on it using the original backing track, there are four or five versions, maybe more.

I got lots of money for it so I don't care  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It's not an exact copy, it's a variation on it using the original backing track, there are four or five versions, maybe more.

Tell me what's different Pete ? As I said on facebook yesterday I had never heard the Grunchons version but read an article on it by Rob Partridge I think it was. I listened to your mixcloud & listened to my Jerry O. I think it's an exact copy so I would love to know what the difference is. :thumbsup:    

Social source share

Tell me what's different Pete ? As I said on facebook yesterday I had never heard the Grunchons version but read an article on it by Rob Partridge I think it was. I listened to your mixcloud & listened to my Jerry O. I think it's an exact copy so I would love to know what the difference is. :thumbsup:    

The difference is it's completely different, if you can't actually hear it by listening to the record then it's pointless me trying to explain, they're playing a different tune on the trumpets for a start!

Social source share

The difference is it's completely different, if you can't actually hear it by listening to the record then it's pointless me trying to explain, they're playing a different tune on the trumpets for a start!

Are you listening to popcorn boogaloo pt 2 ? I guess not if you think it's completely different  :g:

Social source share

Hi Pete,It looks like you might be getting a really clean one to sell after New Years Eve might just give it one last outing  :thumbsup:

Social source share

I can't find that anywhere but if it's the same backing track as part 1, it's the same except for added piano on Popcorn

Pete trust me it's the same as the Grunchons, it's got the added brass + what I think is organ in there. End of the day doesn't matter either way, I just thought I'd add to your facebook post. Unfortunately can't do a sound clip but after Christmas if you're interested I'll sort something out. :)    

To be honest I've not played Part 1 for many years as Part 2 is just so much better & totally instrumental. :thumbsup:  I'll give it a spin tonight  :hatsoff2:  

Social source share

Ok Played Popcorn Boogaloo part 1 & have to say it sounds weak compared to Part 2.  On part 2 you  lose the vocal & thankfully the funky guitar which is replaced by organ & it's a much brighter / louder mix (no worry of drowning the vocal ?) with Brass & drums leading the way, a great stomping instrumental & identical to the Grunchons.

Strange release with the name the Green Grunchons ?

Edited by SHSDave
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!