Jimmy Radcliffe

I know there's an Italian language version too, but in the back of my mind there are two different English versions.If so can someone tell me the difference and which labels ect? Something tells me the backing track was around too without the vocals?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I know there's an Italian language version too, but in the back of my mind there are two different English versions.If so can someone tell me the difference and which labels ect? Something tells me the backing track was around too without the vocals?

Hi Simon,

Yes, there are two different vocal cuts by Jimmy Radcliife. I have a feeling that the 70s DJM reissue has the different, and decidedly inferior, vocal to the Stateside and Musicor issues. I would guess that it's an earlier take that got issued by accident. You can tell the difference almost as soon as Jimmy starts singing, his voice cracks slightly on the word "time" in the song's second line "for the first time".

Did Ady not put the backing track on an old Kent vinyl album?

Best,

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

Definately and very different vocal take, wasn't it on Pye, just preceeding the Disco Demand series? Can't remember the number 7N etc. etc. never one of my favourite labels, Rn'B series aside and the obvious Cameo ones always looked like they spent 2 bob on promotion,unlike those glorious EMI 'A' labels...sorry I'm rambling

Social source share

Oi Paul, are you saying these three versions are all diffferent from one another ?

I seem to remember there something about one with a slightly different backing track too.

Social source share

The Stateside, Pye, and 3 before 8 'EP' versions are all the same mix.

It was always the DJM issue that was 'dodgy' as I recall.

Sean

Social source share

Anyone heard the stormer 'I PRETEND I'M LOVING YOU' ?

yep great track

sure it was up on site at some time

unreleased track, was from film soundtrack errr....called something like biloux blues ?

think something about it on a japenese acetate was also mentioned

welcome to the site

theres a intro bit if wanna put a shout up

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!