Jimmy Holiday - New Cd Minit 45S 1966-1970

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spread-Complete-Minit-Singles-1966-1970/dp/tracks/B00QQPRIPI/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

I like the Jimmy Holiday singles I know about, "turning Point", "I Found a new love" being examples.

I thought I'd check around , and found that a new CD is scheduled for early 2015.

Pretty sure to get this, but any Jimmy Holiday fans care to comment on these tracks at all?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

My comment would be GET IT

Jimmy Holiday, one of the true greats in mine and I'm sure others book. Fabulous writer/singer with a delivery style all of his own.

16 of the tracks on this latest CD can be found on the "Everybody Needs Help" CD which is a bit pricey as a used copy on Amazon but I think I managed to pick mine up for about £4 one time.

The latest CD will deffo be on my wants list though just for the completeness of his Minit sides, which for me were by far his best.

You can hear samples of many of the tracks here ...

Like "Turning Point" his Minit sides were tracks you LISTEN to. Neck hair tingles   :yes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everybody-Needs-Help-Jimmy-Holiday/dp/B00005YU90/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1418943016&sr=1-4&keywords=jimmy+holiday

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

My comment would be GET IT

Jimmy Holiday, one of the true greats in mine and I'm sure others book. Fabulous writer/singer with a delivery style all of his own.

16 of the tracks on this latest CD can be found on the "Everybody Needs Help" CD which is a bit pricey as a used copy on Amazon but I think I managed to pick mine up for about £4 one time.

The latest CD will deffo be on my wants list though just for the completeness of his Minit sides, which for me were by far his best.

You can hear samples of many of the tracks here ...

Like "Turning Point" his Minit sides were tracks you LISTEN to. Neck hair tingles   :yes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everybody-Needs-Help-Jimmy-Holiday/dp/B00005YU90/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1418943016&sr=1-4&keywords=jimmy+holiday

Many thanks for reply.

On checking my stuff, I seem to have more JH than I imagined. This CD appears to miss the uptempo things I have. I'm not sure exactly what was on Minit....but I will definitely get this CD

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Always liked the the Uk album version of Spread Your Love, different to the US 45.

Bloody hell, never noticed that was just about to offload the 45's as well where I had the LP. You have now made me hesitate.

His greatest for me however is immense Man Without Love, on KT, other side of that old Ion monster (no not that old monster Ion) Shield All Around, great double sider.

Great tip on the CD, the amount of material out there at the moment is frightening!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You won't be disappointed with that CD he's a class act

The album pictured is one of the greatest Soul albums of all time.

I bought this as a new release and use to play Spread Your Love(single version is slow) and Got To Live While You Can off it at The Wheel.

The Turning Point was a class ender also.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Jimmy's last release on Minit and in fact the last record on the label (32097). I've seen a few times " Man Ain't Nothing Without A Woman" as a stereo/mono demo but I've never seen it as an issue with "I'm In Love With You" on the flip.

Have often wondered as it was the last record on the label if it ever made it to the issue stage and does "I'm In Love With You" exist on a 45.

Anyway two very good tracks

A Man Ain't Nothing Without A Woman

I'm In Love With You

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!