The 3 Records That Gave Me Most Pleasure

I DJ'd at the Prestwich Anniversary a week last Friday and for anybody thats been there they'll know thats an exceedingly large dance floor to move. The 3 records that gave me the most pleasure to play were three I personally havent heard played out for a long long time. Fair enough I don't stop out right to the end of all-nighters these days and I'm not bombing up and down the country like I used to. Maybe it was played and I was trapped in the toilet by some stranger who wanted to be my best friend. Or I might have been that pissed I'd forgotten the name of my mother.

None of them are hideously rare or expensive but thats the fun of DJing isnt it - trying to blend in records into your set that people have forgotten about? Maybe I was cheating and being lazy because none of them are unknowns, all three have had some/alot of plays over the years so I'm an easy target to shoot at.

Spinners "She's gonna love me at sundown" (VIP);

J.J.Barnes "Sweet sherry" (UK. Stax) LP;

The Monitors "Share a little love" (Soul) LP.

All 3 held the floor and cheered me up no end.

Time to walk the dog,

derek

Was telling Robbo about my 3 choices and he said he always plays the Monitors track - its all good fun innit.

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!