Why Dont D.j.s Use The Mike

well i don't use the mic at basics lenny , and erm never had a confidence problem .

i use it elsewhere and do a radio show just don't use it at basics cos we don;t want it .

i'd say this goes for a lot of dj's

Don't agree with that i'm afraid, the last basics I was at was well attended and thought it would have been a nice touch to thank everybody for coming and this is the last record, that did'nt happen so we were in the dark as if it was finished or not, not a dig just a pointer to what i'm saying

Social source share

• Replies 114
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

oh, and also, a DJ knows how to set a sound system up so you CAN hear what they are saying :)

Then why don't more of them bother then? :lol:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Quite fond of passing opinions on what others do and should do, aren't you. :lol:

sorry should i have added , IN MY OPINION . i take it for granted it's my opinion cos i'm saying it .

it was a reply to the comment that some young dj's don't have the maturity to talk on the mic , i know a load of young dj's and book them to dj at the club night i co-promote therefore IN MY OPINION they do have the confidence and maturity to use the mic , but choose not to as they weren't brought up on going to northern do's with a dj shouting down the mic "detroit monster blah blah "

as for having opinions , yeah i do , everyone knows i'm an opinionated twat and i know what i like and what i don't .....forums are the places for opinions and if you haven't got one then you're wasting your time being on internet forums aren't you ?

Social source share

anyone can play records - you can train a monkey to do it, get a computer to do it.

A human being adds sparkle and life to an evening if done correctly

Also a professional show presenter knows how to flow music and how to control an audience - when to play what and more importantly when NOT to play it. when you can get away with new introductions and when you can't - all part of the job and cannot be taught - has to be experience.

Whats the point of playing your biggest floor filler when people are just arriving and warming up? etc - things like that - Oh and also not repeating records - some of the overplayed records are bad enough without hearing them 3 times in one session. if a dj can't be arsed to get at a venue early enough to hear whats been played then it's a poor show if you ask me so no excuses.

being fresh every time, not being able to set you watch by what they are playing - these are all the traits of a DJ and NOT just a walking jukebox

I'm sure this will inflame some and it's just my opinion - from a DJ who talks and has done for 30 years :lol:

Yes......you get some DJ's...they come ¼ - ½ hour before there spot..........and disappear straight afterwards.....OK they may be DJ'ing else where in-between........but a lot of them I know do not.....and just don't want to know about anybody else's play :):lol::D:D

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Don't agree with that i'm afraid, the last basics I was at was well attended and thought it would have been a nice touch to thank everybody for coming and this is the last record, that did'nt happen so we were in the dark as if it was finished or not, not a dig just a pointer to what i'm saying

thats fair enough lenny , the first basics all the announcements were made because mikey collins done it , also mik parry done it and if i remember rightly neil henderson done it and also the announcements of the bar closing etc were done last night cos i done them .

as i say i use the mic at other venues if it is done at that venue , for example Soul or Nothing i don't think they had a mic never mind use one (the night i was there), whereas belfast did have so i did .

Social source share

Guest Dodger

sorry should i have added , IN MY OPINION . i take it for granted it's my opinion cos i'm saying it .

it was a reply to the comment that some young dj's don't have the maturity to talk on the mic , i know a load of young dj's and book them to dj at the club night i co-promote therefore IN MY OPINION they do have the confidence and maturity to use the mic , but choose not to as they weren't brought up on going to northern do's with a dj shouting down the mic "detroit monster blah blah "

as for having opinions , yeah i do , everyone knows i'm an opinionated twat and i know what i like and what i don't .....forums are the places for opinions and if you haven't got one then you're wasting your time being on internet forums aren't you ?

Absolutely NO problem with passing opinions, none at all, forthright opinions are always good reading, and yes that's what these forums are for, but I struggle to accept people telling others what they should and should not be doing to fit in with their own views though, especially when they slate others off in print for not doing as they do. Are you the higher authority in all this? :lol:

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

What do you class as the role a DJ plays.Is it to bring us poular and / or unknown sounds. Is it to inform us. Is it to entertain us. Is it to educate us .Is it to trick us. How can somone DJ and not use the mike. Does he then just become a human jukebox. shout.gif

Which brings us full circle, do record collectors make good djs? Its an art, and owning records don't qualify you in my book, you gotta be able to put the tunes together and work the floor.

Social source share

Which brings us full circle, do record collectors make good djs? Its an art, and owning records don't qualify you in my book, you gotta be able to put the tunes together and work the floor.

:lol:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Absolutely NO problem with passing opinions, none at all, forthright opinions are always good reading, and yes that's what these forums are for, but I struggle to accept people telling others what they should and should not be doing to fit in with their own views though, especially when they slate others off in print for not doing as they do. Are you the higher authority in all this? :lol:

no i'm a punter and the column i do is my opinion , thats all and in my opinion if you put yourself up to dj and in the public eye as a punter i have the right to comment on it , i pay to get in and that gives me the right and i'm only being honest . i could kiss the arses of everyone but then be pointless doin it , wouldn't it ?

gotta be true to yourself haven't you ?

am i wrong , would you like to read a column where i paint a lovely picture of the soul scene as lovely , OR would you rather i praise the people that IN MY OPINION deserve for not sticking to the same all the time ?

oh yeah looking at the vote of 103 people so far , 78% of people agree with me

Social source share

What do you class as the role a DJ plays.Is it to bring us poular and / or unknown sounds. Is it to inform us. Is it to entertain us. Is it to educate us .Is it to trick us. How can somone DJ and not use the mike. Does he then just become a human jukebox. shout.gif

The DJ's job is both to inform and entertain in equal measure,done correctly the DJ's enthusiasm for the records he's playing should be picked up by the audience,agree with shane, roger banks is a great example of this,seen many a DJ with mega bucks collections looking totally disinterested while doing a set,use of the microphone intelligently creates atmosphere,golden rule,limit the alcohol intake,stylus on slipmat sounds sh*t

Mick

Social source share

talking on the mic is great if :

A.you can hear them speak

B.they dont say a cover up name, thats just fucking lying

c/up names should just be for the vultures that hang around the decks all night,no disrespect of course..ha.ha

Social source share

Unless one can exhibit some sort of coherent verbal communication with your audience, married to an acquired skill of knowing how to fluently make one record follow another one is decidedly not a DJ, just a "Record-Putter-Onner"...

TONE (DEFINITELY A DJ) :D

:lol::D:lol::lol::):D:D:):lol:

as you say, as long as he/she is understandable and entertaining and informative, thats' the difference between a dj and a record collector nes pas?

Social source share

i am a collector and do not consider myself to be a dj, i seldom use the mike more because i think i sound crap on it and dont think i should subject the crowd to me telling them what the record is, also as i normally just do an hour a month i probably get an extra 1 or 2 records into my spot :) .

some dj's are good on the mike and i have no problem with that but some do waffle on about nothing in particular, some are attrocious and you cant uderstand a word of what they are saying. rob thomas is the one for me i dont think i have ever understood a word he has said :lol: but he is great as he plays some awesome stuff.

as for the talk or not talk i am with joan on this i would rather go and look at the record and ask the dj what it is.

mark

Social source share

QUOTE(mark.b @ Aug 13 2006, 10:25 PM) link

some dj's are good on the mike and i have no problem with that but some do waffle on about nothing in particular, some are attrocious and you cant uderstand a word of what they are saying. rob thomas is the one for me i dont think i have ever understood a word he has said :D but he is great as he plays some awesome stuff.

as for the talk or not talk i am with joan on this i would rather go and look at the record and ask the dj what it is.

mark

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

QUOTE(mark.b @ Aug 13 2006, 10:25 PM) link

some dj's are good on the mike and i have no problem with that but some do waffle on about nothing in particular, some are attrocious and you cant uderstand a word of what they are saying. rob thomas is the one for me i dont think i have ever understood a word he has said :D but he is great as he plays some awesome stuff.

mark

Not just on the mic, I had whole conversation with him and walked away none the wiser :D:lol::lol:

hi dave

not just me then :)

mark

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

IMO the mike should be used

A) at the begining of your spot to thank the person who's just finished, introduce yourself and tell the poor punters how long they're gonna be stuck with you inflicting your taste in music on them and to announce your first tune.

B )if you're playing a request for someone.

C) if you've had someone come up and ask about the record playing, to also annouce it over the mike for them for good measure.

D) at the end of your spot to thank your appreciative crowd, and to introduce the person about to take over from you.

I agree with all of the above, but i'd also add that a lot of DJs who consider themselves to be breaking new sounds or playing unheard of stuff would surely want people to know what they are playing? I'm assuming DJs who don't use the mic are playing oldies they think everyone knows, or else why deny the punters the opportunity to find out about a new sound?

Doesn't make sense to play something new and not tell everyone what it is (unless it's covered up of course).

At the end of the day you're getting paid to DJ, not just put records on. Are the punters paying for you, or access to your collection for an hour?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Yes......you get some DJ's...they come ¼ - ½ hour before there spot..........and disappear straight afterwards.....OK they may be DJ'ing else where in-between........but a lot of them I know do not.....and just don't want to know about anybody else's play :lol::D:D:)

That really pisses me off too.... I reckon it shows not only disrespect to the other dj's there, but more importantly to the punters and the promoter who's booked you. :angry:

Social source share

I agree with all of the above, but i'd also add that a lot of DJs who consider themselves to be breaking new sounds or playing unheard of stuff would surely want people to know what they are playing? I'm assuming DJs who don't use the mic are playing oldies they think everyone knows, or else why deny the punters the opportunity to find out about a new sound?

Doesn't make sense to play something new and not tell everyone what it is (unless it's covered up of course).

At the end of the day you're getting paid to DJ, not just put records on. Are the punters paying for you, or access to your collection for an hour?

Yeah i agree there - but there are those that spout aload of crap too that's not really needed and detracts from rather than enhances the night.... IMO :lol::)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

do the dj`s who use a mic ever listened to themselves and hear what they sound like,

also being a southerner i can never understand what a northern northern dj is saying as being the reason i dont watch corrie and northerners probably dont watch eastenders (joke), i think a dj should do what they are comfortable with, there is nothing worse when a dj talks and you dont understand a word they are saying as its wasting valuble tune time IMHO.

Social source share

Yes......you get some DJ's...they come ¼ - ½ hour before there spot..........and disappear straight afterwards.....OK they may be DJ'ing else where in-between........but a lot of them I know do not.....and just don't want to know about anybody else's play :yes::lol:whistling.gif:thumbsup:

So true... I've been asked before now by the dj after me if he can have a quick look at what i've played so he don't play it again... very bad show indeed... I can understand if they are on the door or something (promoter/dj) but if they are a guest dj..no no no ... :yes::no::no:

Social source share

For me only when there`s a decent microphone,some of the mic`s provided are a pile of shite,cheap £3.99 jobies whistling.gif i think you should be able to talk,or whats the point,just get any chuff,that`ll do,a pilot dont fly the plain no more,but you like to think he could,if it all goes tits :thumbsup:

Social source share

mmmannummnnnuhnum aint mmmnhmnnmm much mmmmnnhumnn point mummnnnnhumn anyhow mmnmmmmumnhnm cause even if mmmnnuhmnnn you mmmumnuhhnmnuhnm can understand them mmmmhunmmnmn if it's mmmnnmhumnn an oldies do mmnmmuhummmnm you know mmmmmnhumm all the tunes mmmmnnhummnnhum & if it's mmnmmmmnhumnn a newies do mmmmmmnnhnmnn they don't mmmnnnhummnn want you mmmmmmnnhumm to f****** know em anyway !! whistling.gif

Social source share

mmmannummnnnuhnum aint mmmnhmnnmm much mmmmnnhumnn point mummnnnnhumn anyhow mmnmmmmumnhnm cause even if mmmnnuhmnnn you mmmumnuhhnmnuhnm can understand them mmmmhunmmnmn if it's mmmnnmhumnn an oldies do mmnmmuhummmnm you know mmmmmnhumm all the tunes mmmmnnhummnnhum & if it's mmnmmmmnhumnn a newies do mmmmmmnnhnmnn they don't mmmnnnhummnn want you mmmmmmnnhumm to f****** know em anyway !! :thumbsup:

whistling.gif

Social source share

Easy. just put the stylus on the record, cue it in then press start, whilst making sure volume levels are set correctly.

I wanna hear music - not some in audiable waffle from someone tellling me that I haven't got any soul if i don't dance to such and such a tune.

if it's inaudible waffle, then the mic is EQed wrong or the PA is shit or the DJ is mumbling.

I like DJs talking on the mic if they do it with a bit of charm & enthusiasm.

I think it can enhance the atmosphere and 'frame' a record. Some records are simply so big they deserve a break before them, or an introduction. I think it gives a more personal & passionate impression too, rather than, like someone said, a 'human jukebox'.

On a rocking night, talking on the mic really works, but on a crap night to an empty dancefloor, it can look ridiculous. So I guess there's a time and a place.

Social source share

Unless one can exhibit some sort of coherent verbal communication with your audience, married to an acquired skill of knowing how to fluently make one record follow another one is decidedly not a DJ, just a "Record-Putter-Onner"...

TONE (DEFINITELY A DJ) :thumbsup:

wish i'd just agreed with that! whistling.gif excellent!

Social source share

save the mic for announcing the meat raffle whistling.gif

you say that, but all good hip hop / house / jungle clubs i've ever been to have had DJs using the mic, and no ones ever accused them of being like working men's clubs.

So what's all this about it being 'old fashioned'?

If your club has the look and atmosphere of a working men's club during a meat raffle, then it's not purely because of the DJ talking on the mic, that's for sure.

I talk all sorts of gibberish and shite on the mic & people love it cos I'm off my head and I mean it ! Like singing or telling a joke, if you do it with confidence it works, if you don't, it don't.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Tis True there Davie.

IMO the mike should be used

A) at the begining of your spot to thank the person who's just finished, introduce yourself and tell the poor punters how long they're gonna be stuck with you inflicting your taste in music on them and to announce your first tune.

B )if you're playing a request for someone.

C) if you've had someone come up and ask about the record playing, to also annouce it over the mike for them for good measure.

D) at the end of your spot to thank your appreciative crowd, and to introduce the person about to take over from you.

Given the odd dancing, middle aged people running to the the floor to dance to an old favourite one more time, complaints about the price of the drinks and squabbles between factions etc...

I must add:

E) Dedicate a track to the bride and groom

Hammy

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

The DJ's job is both to inform and entertain in equal measure,done correctly the DJ's enthusiasm for the records he's playing should be picked up by the audience,agree with shane, roger banks is a great example of this,seen many a DJ with mega bucks collections looking totally disinterested while doing a set,use of the microphone intelligently creates atmosphere,golden rule,limit the alcohol intake,stylus on slipmat sounds sh*t

Mick

whistling.gif He/ she....Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

mmmannummnnnuhnum aint mmmnhmnnmm much mmmmnnhumnn point mummnnnnhumn anyhow mmnmmmmumnhnm cause even if mmmnnuhmnnn you mmmumnuhhnmnuhnm can understand them mmmmhunmmnmn if it's mmmnnmhumnn an oldies do mmnmmuhummmnm you know mmmmmnhumm all the tunes mmmmnnhummnnhum & if it's mmnmmmmnhumnn a newies do mmmmmmnnhnmnn they don't mmmnnnhummnn want you mmmmmmnnhumm to f****** know em anyway !! :thumbsup:

'And don't forgetmmmmmmmtaxiwaitingmmmmmmmmmmdrinksonthedancefloormmmmmmmlastordersmmmmm whistling.gif Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Or she.... whistling.gif I'll have a dime on D9... :thumbsup: Jo

OOOOPS :lol:

Ooops accepted :no: The tickets for the meat raffle will be on sale on Sept 9th at Save Our Soul Shack (see Events)....come on down to win your tin of Royal Oak Ham :yes: And I will be announcing the winner over the mic... :yes: Jo

Social source share

whistling.gif He/ she....Jo

I can't miss the opportunity of repeating a criticism by my wife at the Caledonia Soul Club when Jo was playing. "She's the first DJ who I can understand everything she says." She then complimented Jo's selection of records.

She's heard me on the mic so that was me and everybody else put in their place.

I was that flabbergasted I almost forgot to send her to the bar to get the round in. Speaking to me in public without being spoken to. What's the world coming to?

Social source share

I can take or leave the mic to be honest. I use one if its there and if its not I errr don't obviously smile.gif

For some DJ's its their mic technique that lets them down speaking across it rather than into it, holding it too far away and shouting or most often holding it too close. Very few venues except the biggest ones have monitor speakers so you cannot always tell how you sound through the mic anyway.

A lot of sets you hear include various styles of soul music, some 60's some 70's and maybe some crossover or R'n'B, so ensuring every record flows into the next is almost impossible otherwise the first record you play may well dictate the tempo / style for the whole set so when switching styles the mic is useful.

All IMO of course

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

you say that, but all good hip hop / house / jungle clubs i've ever been to have had DJs using the mic, and no ones ever accused them of being like working men's clubs.

So what's all this about it being 'old fashioned'?

If your club has the look and atmosphere of a working men's club during a meat raffle, then it's not purely because of the DJ talking on the mic, that's for sure.

I talk all sorts of gibberish and shite on the mic & people love it cos I'm off my head and I mean it ! Like singing or telling a joke, if you do it with confidence it works, if you don't, it don't.

"aaahhhhhhhnd the winnur of the leg o lamb this week issssss .......... noomber 123 ..... lesss be avinyer ....... eh, eaar sheiss .... well duun phylis loov ....... aaahnnnd the next track ....... (cue long winded description) ..... ray pollard .... the driftuuuuurrrrr!" smile.gif

actually, i'd quite like to see someone like tim westwood on the mic ... in a working mens club ..... be hilarious i'm sure.

Edited by hipshaker 05
Social source share

Guest Dodger

no i'm a punter and the column i do is my opinion , thats all and in my opinion if you put yourself up to dj and in the public eye as a punter i have the right to comment on it , i pay to get in and that gives me the right and i'm only being honest . i could kiss the arses of everyone but then be pointless doin it , wouldn't it ?

gotta be true to yourself haven't you ?

am i wrong , would you like to read a column where i paint a lovely picture of the soul scene as lovely , OR would you rather i praise the people that IN MY OPINION deserve for not sticking to the same all the time ?

oh yeah looking at the vote of 103 people so far , 78% of people agree with me

Not questioning your right to pass opinion Davie, just questioning your right to criticise and 'slate in print' (to use your terminology)? What is it exactly is the tangible reason that you're right and others are wrong, aside from it being opinion? WHY is it your opinion?

No mate, warts'n'all opinions are far better than arse licking postings from the splinters up the arse fence sitters who are scared to be honest to peoples' faces!! unsure.gif:thumbsup::lol:

For what it's worth, my view is that a good DJ should always communicate with with the people he or she are playing music to, and use the mic sparingly and to complement the music he or she is playing. How many of the top DJ's just stand there putting records on and making unintelligible noise into the electric mumble stick? None I'd wager. :yes:

Social source share

Sounds like you're saying DJ's are born DJ's smile.gif

Surely ALL DJ's are record collectors too.....

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Sounds like you're saying DJ's are born DJ's unsure.gif

Surely ALL DJ's are record collectors too.....

Possibly not. Read that article written by Soul Sam in the Modern Soul thread that Steve G posted where Sam says something along the lines of 'for the first time in years I'm buying records to listen to at home and on tape in the car instead of to DJ with'. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well for my penny's worth I like a dj to speak if (and this has already been said) you can actually hear them and/or they have something interesting to say. I don't have a problem with djs that don't mike-up but I'm one of those who get a bit embarrassed asking after every third record 'what's this one, then'. There is definitely an art to speaking on mike and most of us are just OK at it but some do sparkle - Jo Wallace and Chris King - to name two.

Rowly, this topic really seems to have brought out the real 'grumps' in you. :lol:

Warren

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

:D
There is definitely an art to speaking on mike and most of us are just OK at it but some do sparkle - Jo Wallace:

Awww....Warren, you're a sweetie...
:)
My technique was honed at Dreamland, Margate and the Lido, Cliftonville circa '75 calling Bingo.....you don't mess around with coachloads of ladies from North of the Border......your diction has to be perfect -
:yes:

Rowly, this topic really seems to have brought out the real 'grumps' in you.
:

Male menopause
:P:D
Try Evening Primrose...having never been grumpy, I can only suggest
:D
Jo

Warren

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I can't miss the opportunity of repeating a criticism by my wife at the Caledonia Soul Club when Jo was playing. "She's the first DJ who I can understand everything she says." She then complimented Jo's selection of records.

She's heard me on the mic so that was me and everybody else put in their place.

I was that flabbergasted I almost forgot to send her to the bar to get the round in. Speaking to me in public without being spoken to. What's the world coming to?

She sounds like a gem
:lol:
I must buy her a pint
LOL......and just a quick thanks to Martin and Caroline for inviting me up to Glasgow for Cally Soul...what a fabulous night and wonderful crowd - such a shame that it's no more
It's sorely missed. Jo

Social source share

One of the things that amazes me about the house/dance scene is how DJ's who would never dream of using the mic, still somehow manage to stamp their personality on the crowd. It can be done but it takes a great deal of talent.

It just sounds kind of old hat to hear a DJ waffling these days, so I'd be against it, apart from the odd bit of housekeeping here and there; thanks, requests etc. And only then if it's strictly necessary.

My pet hate though is the DJ who talks over a slamming intro, or the DJ who gently fades up a great intro. That smacks of poor technique. We love our intro's don't we - let's hear them - bloody loud!

Social source share

Guest recordman

If you dont use a microphone DONT DJ !!!! You might as well set a juke box up on stage

If you just stick one record after another how pointless is that

Plus why for that matter do promoters advertise Dj's if they simply come along and put tunes on Sometimes I think the whole scene needs a boot up the backside and as previously mentioned You can get a monkey to play 20 records in an hour without saying anything and he would get one right that's more that I can say for some of the people playing at events these days

Social source share

my four fave jocks of all time

4--Alan Day..used to give the Torch that something special

3- Dave Evison...superb Jock and he'll be the 1st one to admit he don't carry Heavy Weight tunes.

1-Tony Dellar--even at 57 this bloke knows how to work a NS crowd.

the all time best NS jock(not collecter) is Mr Martin Elllis

"Don't record that for goodness sake you'll get me sent down, he's stopped now i learnt better, he said he'd beat be nose in if I did that again----Ok Fellars????? Now then any

guy who can come down twice in such a short and break all house records has to be something else.

So I hope you gonna join in with me down here at The Torch the Countrys #1 allnighter direct from Chicago Illionois one of the greatest soul singers of all time..MAJOR LANCE!!!"

Social source share

As I started this link I thought I'd give my views and opinions. I'm a Motown collector but do DJ on occasion. I tend to use the mike if I'm playing a semi known track for example I would simply say this is Kim Weston , therefore anyone wanting to know can ask "what was that kim weston track" for a known track like "why when love is gone" I probably would just mix / fade it in as everybody will probably know it. for a different version of a track like for example Bobby taylors "its growing" I would say something like Although well known by the temps this is Bobby taylor... ( a great record by the way) the crowd should know the title..add to that some other bits and pieces and that should do.Dont forget the most important bit of all...LAST ORDERS AT THE BAR..

Dont think ive eveer seen a "top" DJ not use the mike.

WESTY

shout.gif

Social source share

Rowly, this topic really seems to have brought out the real 'grumps' in you. :thumbsup:

Warren

This ain't grumpy Warren. You wanna see me on a Tuesday after an Allnighter / Weekender. That's grumpy - Just ask my Mrs! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Do you not think mike or no mike is almost a case of waht you are brought up on? - Whilst classed as an old'n I've only been going to Northern nights for a couple of years and can quite clearly remember being 'freaked out' by hearing the DJ's waffling on over the microphone as it wasnt something I'd ever come across before.

Firstly I couldnt understand what they were saying (and still can't mostly) and secondly couldn't understand how a DJ could have a filled dance floor and then calmly watch everyone sit down as he/she waffles on. I admit to being astonished at one night where a DJ started singing! - what an egotist (tosser).

Now personally I still dont like to hear DJ's on the mike - to me it spoils the music and the flow of the evening, but I can understand people wanting that if that is what they are used to.

I like the idea of introducing the next or guest DJ's though and a simple 'last one' type notice at the end of a night.

Just my opinion and as I said above probably all about what you are used to.

I've also ventured into a bit of DJ'ing in a small way and dont agree that not using the mike means I havent got the bottle - its just completely alien to me and as I dont like it wouldnt want to inflict it on other I'm sure the punters at the night I DJ at would be equally suprised if one of the DJ's started in heavily on the mike.

Good thread, I've enjoyed reading the comments.

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!