sludge7

Alcohol

See you there.

Had a fairly good week though, been out every night and sometimes had lunch drinks.

I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but I'm moving to Belarus on the strength of three drinking sessions only -- I've been interspersing them with alcohol free days like they tell us to!  :)

How can you remember all the drinks you had ?

In France we say "quand on aime on ne compte pas" (when you love you don't count). Cheers !

Edited by Philippe

I'm a Belarusian national , the strange thing is when I toddle off to the pub most nights I used to feel guilty but now looking at the amount of empty booze cans and bottles that are put out for recycling it looks like most people around here are holding a Belarus passport . Sorry to say most of the pubs are half empty. 

Kuwait can't temember the last time I had a drink

Peace be upon you brother!!

It appears I too am from that part of the World. (sometimes referred to as Wolverhampton :ohmy: )

Edited by bo diddley

I got nambia as well,not doin it next wk am out sat sun mon boxin day and sat might be a different result.

So did I. I've always had an inkling that it was you leading me astray :D

Edited by Blunny

At the moment I'm a Slovenian Soulie, but after tonight's 'session' at the manifesto Kellingley and the All-Dayer at Leeds Central on Sunday, with a visit to the Scarborough Arms (REAL ale) :P  expect to be applying for Namibian nationality :D

Edited by the Happy Hooker

Looks like Im from Kuwait...,

Better without it than with I say, plus you can't take your running seriously if you drink, I like running far more than I ever did the grog..,,

Namibia for me, but it would depend very much on how often I went out over a weekend, simply because I don't drink at home, whereas Jessica will have a couple of glasses of wine every night

Not every night -- I didn't have any on Friday or yesterday...!

Not every night -- I didn't have any on Friday or yesterday...!

You didn't have any wine in the house Friday because you had drunk it all, and we didn't go out, and yesterday you had a horrendous hangover from the amount of wine you drank Satuurday :lol: :lol: :lol:

some lightweights on here

lets get some pride, we are rubbish at football/cricket ect this is something we can led the world at, so drink up and i see you at the next AA meeting. hic

Makes me laugh them using Kuwait as the non drinking country.

My late brother lived there for thirty years. The place was awash with booze, but not in public. House parties were commonplace, with huge tables loaded with cigarettes and alcohol. You just helped yourself. There was a massive amount of wealth in the country.

This all changed after the invasion. It went from a very liberal Muslim country, to a very strict regime. Most of the foreigners left after that. There were many people from the U.S., UK, and Australia working in the oil and banking sectors.

The English and booze was brought home to me, when 3 of us Brits were in Holland commissioning a machine in a factory, with 2 Dutch lads. It was August and really hot. Our Hotel was opposite the Orangeboom brewery. After a days hard graft, the Dutch lads drove us back to the hotel and ordered 5 beers. The barman started by taking 5 small flute glasses from a fridge, polished the outsides and then slowly filled them with beer, about 50c/l in each long stemmed glass, he then put a small rosette around the base of each glass and presented them on a tray to our table, proud of his presentation of Holland's finest beer. Of course we Brits downed it in one and my mate shouted "Oi - 5 more beers, big ones and don't eff about this time...."Ah" said the barman, "English", as he pulled down pint glasses and unceremoniously filled them, "You should have told me".

Edited by Dave Ward

The English and booze was brought home to me, when 3 of us Brits were in Holland commissioning a machine in a factory, with 2 Dutch lads. It was August and really hot. Our Hotel was opposite the Orangeboom brewery. After a days hard graft, the Dutch lads drove us back to the hotel and ordered 5 beers. The barman started by taking 5 small flute glasses from a fridge, polished the outsides and then slowly filled them with beer, about 50c/l in each long stemmed glass, he then put a small rosette around the base of each glass and presented them on a tray to our table, proud of his presentation of Holland's finest beer. Of course we Brits downed it in one and my mate shouted "Oi - 5 more beers, big ones and don't eff about this time...."Ah" said the barman, "English", as he pulled down pint glasses and unceremoniously filled them, "You should have told me".

Not a bad tipple either Dave

I keep away from alcohol almost completely now.  My short-term memory is completely gone, and........uh......what are we discussing now?  Even my long-term memory is starting to go.  I wouldn't want to start drinking some spirits and then try to bid on some records on E-Bay. :D

How can you remember all the drinks you had ?

In France we say "quand on aime on ne compte pas" (when you love you don't count). Cheers !

That's a cracker Philippe!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.