Opening Bars

Just been listening to an old tape I`d forgotten I had.

Lots of oldies amongst which was Maxine Brown - one in a million.

What a fantastic start to a record which also kicks back in about 2/3rds through.

Which opening bars have grabbed you and forced you to listen or dance.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mello Souls...you just know when you hear the intro you just know your ear drums are gonna be assaulted by one of the best Northern tracks ever  Is ain't a bad either  :)

Couldnt agree more Chalky, and a couple more from Mr Dobsons repertoire

Diane Lewis - Aint Got A Chance, marches you onto dance floor and Just Bros - Go On An Laugh, great teasing intro that you know is going to get right in between your earsl!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Couldnt agree more Chalky, and a couple more from Mr Dobsons repertoire

Diane Lewis - Aint Got A Chance, marches you onto dance floor and Just Bros - Go On An Laugh, great teasing intro that you know is going to get right in between your earsl!!

Cheers

Jock

link

Diane Lewis...Mmmmm superb dancer.

His JJ Jackson cover up has the same effect. Andy Dyson picked one up and more recently Mick H and seems to be finally taking it's place as a dance floor fave.

Got the Just Brothers somewhere on a Butch live @ 100 Club cd. Like you say hits the spot.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Kell Osborne - Quicksand

The opening bars get me onto the floor, and then I realise its that bloody song I dont like. :angry: :thumbsup:

Either it sounds like a song I do like, or I need tolearn that THOSE opening bars are ones to sit down to!!

Social source share

Moving into more mainstream stuff, can I just make a case for my all time fave intro?

Spinners "It's a shame". Those jangly guitars, the unforgettable hook, it's just sets your mouthwatering for the heavenly performance that follows.

Social source share

Just 3 notes signal the intro to the Superlatives "I still love you".  That's all it ever took to cause dancefloor mayhem at the Torch.

link

Like Danny Monday did at Wigan !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!