Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

shinehead

Joe Cocker Dies

Terrible news! 

Responsible for the GREATEST cover ever recorded in popular music.  The wonderful "with a little help from my friends"

very sad 

I was 17 years old in 1969 and used to find any excuse to go up to Carnaby Street. I loved the whole psychodelia vibe that was going on.

I remember seeing pictures of the massive crowds at the Woodstock festival and realising for the first time the hugeness of the thing. Also posters of various artists including Joe Cocker with his tie-dye T-shirt, flared jeans and silver starred stack heeled boots.

I can feel a buzz run through me even now.

I have had many good musical memories in my life but those from late summer 1969 are about as good as they come.

Thanks Joe.

Devastated!!...just heard this on the news. Saw Joe live in the 90s and it was unforgettable.....managed to get his autograph.

Really sad news, along with the incident in Glasgow.....Clark Carlisle and after watching the heartbreaking documentary of the survivors of the 04 tsunami it`s been a very sad day.

I see my light come shining
From the west onto the east.
Any day now, any day how,
I shall be released.

Says it all really.

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Steve Lane

Sad, sad news really liked the 'the man from the steel city'. Remember when still wet behind the ears(still are) going to Sheffield to the Black Swan????? and seeing the man perform

Sad way to end (for me ) a brilliant year

R.I.P Joe

Sad, sad news really liked the 'the man from the steel city'. Remember when still wet behind the ears(still are) going to Sheffield to the Black Swan????? and seeing the man perform

Sad way to end (for me ) a brilliant year

R.I.P Joe

Very sad news indeed..................R.I.P. Joe.   

Devastated!!...just heard this on the news. Saw Joe live in the 90s and it was unforgettable.....managed to get his autograph.

Really sad news, along with the incident in Glasgow.....Clark Carlisle and after watching the heartbreaking documentary of the survivors of the 04 tsunami it`s been a very sad day.

I see my light come shining

From the west onto the east.

Any day now, any day how,

I shall be released.

Says it all really.

:hatsoff2:

Indeed. Joe was a great coverer of Bob Dylan too. Dear Landlord, Just Like A Woman etc...

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts