Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me - Alternative Version

I've just heard a great alternative take to Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me, with Gloria on vocals but she sings it in the doo-wop style like the '' The Del-Vikings' - It's amazing ! 

I'd love the MP3 of the track if anybody has it out there, the guy who I heard it from won't let it out ! 

Any leads... Message me either on here or Facebook. 

Jordan. 

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Jordan said he thinks it's actually by someone called Barbara Wilson and not Gloria Jones

Frank Wilson's wife, who also sang the demo for "Every Little Bit Hurts" (both Ed Cobb productions).  She was a very good singer.  So, I'd still very much like to hear it, especially as I like Doo Wop style very much (grew up with it).

Social source share

I had the pleasure of knowing Gloria Jones, and we at Airwave records were considering using some of the songs she had written, for recording.  But, unfortunately, I never met the late Barbara Wilson.  She died, tragically, back in the late '60s.  She was a very good singer, and probably was just about to have a break out in her career, when she died.  Her Colpix cuts were quite good.

Social source share

I've heard it now.  It's a LOT better than the released version.  It's a somewhat slower vocal, with a similar beat to the released version.  Nothing like Doo Wop, or The Dell-Vikings' vocal (only in that it's a bit slower than Gloria's released version.

I also heard an alternate version of "Heartbeat".  It was nowhere near as good as the released version. 

Social source share

That's lovely, thanks Mick.  Vocal isn't as good as Gloria Jones but the arrangement is brilliant.

The backing sounds exactly the same to me??  But the backing singers spoil the record completely before it gets going and the lead is strong enough IMO, the backing over powers her vocal.  

Social source share

The backing sounds exactly the same to me??  But the backing singers spoil the record completely before it gets going and the lead is strong enough IMO, the backing over powers her vocal.  

Backing is the same - I meant the arrangement to include the old doo-wop intro as backing vocals

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!