Eddie Parker "i'm Gone" Jm Auction

Jim G

Rarity has got absolutely nothing to do with anything Nev, not as far as I'm concerned anyway.  Records weren't recorded rare, they weren't recorded expensive, they were all recorded equal so to speak - they only became rare and expensive later due to the amount pressed and the demand from us raving nutters. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I would feel exactly the same about this record if it cost a tenner and we could all own a copy.

It is without doubt one of the finest examples of Detroit ever made and that's no matter how many times it gets played or how many people have a copy. Like I've said before - I just wish there were more so I could own one.  And Andy D.

Joan ,I'm in agreeance with you totally ...but it never ceases to amaze me when a rare item appears for sale ,how people make references as to how overplayed it is ,who's been hammering it for X amount of yrs ,etc etc .

My comment was a tongue in cheek dig at those who make such comments .

Some records you never tire hearing or dancing to ..i prefer to call those tunes " Timeless "

It takes something special to get into my "timeless " category and Eddie Parker is up there with the best !

Mel Britt ,Ann Sexton ,All Williams ,Sam Williams ,Towanda Barnes to name a few ..classics but pure quality !

Good luck to whoever wins it ,but fingers crossed for Andy :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

briliiant record hear but hear it out  nearly every week ...........

A truely awesome tune.

I know exactly what you mean when tunes get over played; if I heard it played every 3 weeks or so that special tingle of excitement remains as you get on the dance floor. These days when I hear it, I don't always make the effort to get on the dance floor because I know I will hear it again the following week.  

If it was rested and varied with the Del larks, Cashmeres, Gwen Owens or Margaret Little for example then that special tingle of excitement would always present and even when jaded I still make the effort to get on the dance floor.

Could it be too much of a good thing?

Social source share

You know that magic 'whoosh' you feel from a crowd only very rarely during a night?

When you do you know it's a special record and that what's just happened is that the first few bars have just kicked anyone who 'gets it' right in their soul knackers (or girl bits).

Eddie does it every time :thumbup:

Edited by PhilT
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

It was only two years ago that he sold Jack Ashford's copy of it.

to save you all your time searching the whole thread....it made 8284 GBP. So bearing in mind the crazy Prices some classics fetch these daysI wonder what this copy will end at. My guess is10K.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Rarity has got absolutely nothing to do with anything Nev, not as far as I'm concerned anyway.  Records weren't recorded rare, they weren't recorded expensive, they were all recorded equal so to speak - they only became rare and expensive later due to the amount pressed and the demand from us raving nutters. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I would feel exactly the same about this record if it cost a tenner and we could all own a copy.

It is without doubt one of the finest examples of Detroit ever made and that's no matter how many times it gets played or how many people have a copy. Like I've said before - I just wish there were more so I could own one.  And Andy D.

Joan. Why do you want to own Andy D. Just thought I would ask.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!