John Ellison Soul Brothers Six - Help Request ?

Mike

21 December 2014 - 08:23 PM
Hello Soul-Source,

My name is Gavin Wissen, I am curator at the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame. We are inducting John Ellison of Soul Brothers Six (born in Montgomery, W.V.) into our Music Hall of Fame in 2015. I am writing to ask if any of your kind knowledgeable members could help us?

We need high resolution scans of records labels, posters, advertisements, video clips of performances, anything from Johns and Soul Brothers Six past, that we could use in a short video film to be shown at the induction ceremony (planned for October 2015).

I know he did a few concerts over in the UK recently for Soul Source members that he enjoyed immensely.

Any help with this project would be greatly appreciated by us all at The WV Music Hall of Fame. Thank you in advance for your help.

yours sincerely,
Gavin Wissen

https://www.wvmusichalloffame.com

WV Music Hall Of Fame,
1427 Lee St E,
Charleston, 
WV 25301, 
U.S.A.

(304)421-0682

email me at - gwissen@yahoo.com
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gavin,

I and Oxford Soul Club may , in some small way may be able to help you.

On the 30th. of September 2013 John made an appearance at a Club in Reading run by Martin Fuggles.

Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/martin.fuggles?fref=ts

I have  photos of the night and videos ( I don't profess to be the greatest of photographers, but they were taken with a Nikon D7000 so the quality of them is pretty good. I don't do photoshop so they are "as is" of the night)

Email me at dcsoxford@aol.com and we can arrange to send these to you if you think they may be of use.

To say the night was a treat for us would be an understatement.

It was O.S.C.s' own Mazs' birthday and as such, to see one of his favourite singers was a night all of us will remember "For the Rest of My (our) Days".

What a beautiful voice and what a beautiful MAN.

Spent a long time with the people who attended after the show and could have not been more accommodating.

A truly outstanding night !!!

Del, Oxford Soul Club.

P.S. I put some of the videos on youtube.

Try this one.

Edited by dcsoxford
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!