Della Reese It Was A Very Good Year

Funk bodega

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Is it the stateside pete , I remeber having a copy that had applause at the end ?

Must be, I've only ever had the HMV version and it's definitely not live.  Bizarrely, last year my missus told me to chuck all her records away or give them to charity, so not being a fan of mid 80's pop I was going to do that, but I noticed she had one or two 60's records like Everlasting Love, some Supremes, so I went through the lot and there was a Della Reese on HMV in with her records!  I asked her why she bought it and she said she couldn't even remember buying it.  I got her £30 for it.

Social source share

If you want the ABC version on a UK label it's HMV you're after. The Stateside release is the version on the flip of the Jazzman 45 :thumbsup:

abc version is different to the hmv version , drums are more prodominent with the abc version and hmv is live ??

Is it the stateside pete , I remeber having a copy that had applause at the end ?

Let me try to explain again. The US ABC version came out on HMV in the UK. A faster version with (applause - might be live, might be dubbed) subsequently came out on UK Stateside. Jazzman issued a 45 with the ABC/HMV version on one side and the Stateside version on the flip. Which is pretty much what I said in my first post.

There's no such word as 'prodominent' either while we're at it.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...