Tsu: A Thousand Wonders Which Is The First Issue Pink Or Grey

Fatjams99

Hi,

Do you know which was the first issue Pink or Grey label & which is rarer?

Cheers

Sean P

Pink was the first color for the first 8 Ovide's releases. This one is the second 45 of the label. Then Grey and after orange and later red + blue on white. The grey for '1000 wonders' is a re-release to meet demand but it seems to be less common to come by in my book. They are both very desirable and command the same price I'd believe.  

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Pink was the first color for the first 8 Ovide's releases. This one is the second 45 of the label. Then Grey and after orange and later red + blue on white. The grey for '1000 wonders' is a re-release to meet demand but it seems to be less common to come by in my book. They are both very desirable and command the same price I'd believe.  

Thank-you kindly for your input, I have a Grey copy hence my enquiry, do you know the dates of both releases? - thank you again. 

Social source share

Late 

Mid to late 1968.

it preceeds tighten up by archie bell by a couple of numbers....i thought it was early 1968 or even 1967....this is my copy in the you tube clip altho i never posted up..someone nicked my scan...the 67 could be the year.....the grey one is about a year later i think 

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

it preceeds tighten up by archie bell by a couple of numbers....i thought it was early 1968 or even 1967....this is my copy in the you tube clip altho i never posted up..someone nicked my scan...the 67 could be the year.....the grey one is about a year later i think 

Yes, you're right Dave and after some check outs, I stand corrected; '1000 wonders' (Ovide 223) is late 1967 rather than early 1968. Ovide (222) first release is often dated 1967 (studio recording sessions september 1967). And indeed 'tighten up' IS released (Ovide 228) march/april 1968 and so counting/guessing about a month between each release for such a "small" project label is setting Ovide 223 @ october/november 1967.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes, you're right Dave and after some check outs, I stand corrected; '1000 wonders' (Ovide 223) is late 1967 rather than early 1968. Ovide (222) first release is often dated 1967 (studio recording sessions september 1967). And indeed 'tighten up' IS released (Ovide 228) march/april 1968 and so counting/guessing about a month between each release for such a "small" project label is setting Ovide 223 @ october/november 1967.

and really the grey one is just a small recond run done in early 1968 and not done 12 months later....its amazing how these ovides have started popping up now and again after previously thought of not existing...and most are beat up.. i mean... 1000 wonders, tighten up,...tsu`s what good am i....all mine are vg at best but play great

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!