Christmas Soul Record's

Winsford Soul

The greatest Christmas soul record in my opinion is Cold cold winter in the ghetto. Lonnie hill.

What yours ?

Steve

I actually love Winter Wonderland (done by lots of other artists, I know) by Linda Lewis. Quite the little festive gem.

In terms of northern, Artie Fulliloves's 'Santa Clause Please Listen To Me' is one of the best for me - but it's a slightly odd one to my taste because the verses (such as they are) are sort of OK, but the choruses (which take up half the song) are absolutely brilliant.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Tina Roberts snow

What does the song "Snow" by Tina Roberts have to do with Christmas, that makes it a Christmas song????   Neither Christmas, nor anything even remotely related to Christmas, Christ, Christ's birth,  a holiday, or even giving gifts, is mentioned in that song.  She mentions only that "Snow" makes her "feel like falling in love."  Nothing about Christmas.

"Snow" has no more to do with Christmas than almost any other word in The English language.  During the first several hundred years of Christianity, there was almost no snow in any of the countries where Christians lived.  Even in Britain and North America "Snow should be a lot more identified with St. Valentines' day.  Where I was raised, it snowed almost half the year.  So, why would Snow stand only, or most, for December 25??? 

Tina Roberts' "Snow" is NOT a Christmas song.

Social source share

Billy Young - What Is Christmas

Binky Griptite - Stone Soul Christmas

Bobby Hutton - Christmas Time At Mama's House

Dan Brantley - Merry Christmas

James Brown - Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay

Joe Mansion - Soulful Christmas

Johnny Adams - Please Come Home For Christmas

Otis Redding - Merry Christmas, Baby

Louise Freeman - Lonely Christmas

O'Jays - Christmas Ain't Christmas

Supremes - Children's Christmas Song

Social source share

The Miracles -"Christmas Everyday"

The Nibbs - "Spending Christmas Day With You"

Horace Williams - "I'm Going Christmas Shopping"

Carla Thomas - "Gee Whiz, It's Christmas"

Darlene Love - "Christmas, Baby please Come Home", "Winter Wonderland"

Ronettes - "Sleigh Ride"

Social source share

Hello my friends, 

I wish you Happy Holidays. I suggest you a lesser known record by Randy Brown. It was released during Christmas days in 1984. You can listen it here below.

https://souldennis.blogspot.gr/2014/12/randy-brown-at-christmas-time.html

Yes, i always liked this one. I used to get a lot of Vanessa / Ginos / BarCar etc. from Gene Norman about that time, and I would always get freebies on top of ordered stuff. This was one of them. think I had three, and I remember giving one away as a Christmas present.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!