illtalbeats

Parliament's "i'll Wait" Instrumental?

A few years back, Goldmine Soul Supply put out a comp "Testifyin: The Mid-60's Detroit Sessions" with a bunch of the Revilot Parliament singles, a few other loose ends (The Fellows, Lebaron Strings, etc...). 

Every song on the comp can be traced back to a 45 on either Revilot or Solid Hitbound except the instrumental version of the Parliament's "I'll Wait" (http://youtu.be/NnMLxRGPzC0). 

So my question is... does anyone know if it's something they licensed from the vaults for the comp or if there is some super rare 45 (possibly under a different name) with the instrumental on it? Just find it weird everything else would be from a 45 except that one track.

Also, after listening closely several times, it definitely sounds like the Parliaments version and not the Pat Lewis.

Any info appreciated!

A few years back, Goldmine Soul Supply put out a comp "Testifyin: The Mid-60's Detroit Sessions" with a bunch of the Revilot Parliament singles, a few other loose ends (The Fellows, Lebaron Strings, etc...). 

Every song on the comp can be traced back to a 45 on either Revilot or Solid Hitbound except the instrumental version of the Parliament's "I'll Wait" (http://youtu.be/NnMLxRGPzC0). 

So my question is... does anyone know if it's something they licensed from the vaults for the comp or if there is some super rare 45 (possibly under a different name) with the instrumental on it? Just find it weird everything else would be from a 45 except that one track.

Also, after listening closely several times, it definitely sounds like the Parliaments version and not the Pat Lewis.

Any info appreciated!

Licensed from the vaults I believe. I also believe there's now a full album of instrumentals from the Parliament sessions. In fact, I'm sure there are some surprises to come from Revilot/Solid Hitbound. I turned up a Darrell Banks "Open The Door To Your Heart" instrumental a couple of months back and there's never been one of those documented either....

Ian D :)

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 257 reads
    • richnospins
    • 12 Apr 2018
    • 6 posts
    • 386 reads
    • AndyKempster
    • 23 Feb 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 181 reads
    • Reg Scott
    • 16 Feb 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 219 reads
    • Pat
    • 28 Jan 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 412 reads
    • Rob Moss
    • 30 Nov 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 266 reads
    • CarlF
    • 29 Oct 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 147 reads
    • CSTA
    • 13 Oct 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.