Parliament's "i'll Wait" Instrumental?

Guest illtalbeats

Guest illtalbeats

A few years back, Goldmine Soul Supply put out a comp "Testifyin: The Mid-60's Detroit Sessions" with a bunch of the Revilot Parliament singles, a few other loose ends (The Fellows, Lebaron Strings, etc...). 

Every song on the comp can be traced back to a 45 on either Revilot or Solid Hitbound except the instrumental version of the Parliament's "I'll Wait" (https://youtu.be/NnMLxRGPzC0). 

So my question is... does anyone know if it's something they licensed from the vaults for the comp or if there is some super rare 45 (possibly under a different name) with the instrumental on it? Just find it weird everything else would be from a 45 except that one track.

Also, after listening closely several times, it definitely sounds like the Parliaments version and not the Pat Lewis.

Any info appreciated!

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A few years back, Goldmine Soul Supply put out a comp "Testifyin: The Mid-60's Detroit Sessions" with a bunch of the Revilot Parliament singles, a few other loose ends (The Fellows, Lebaron Strings, etc...). 

Every song on the comp can be traced back to a 45 on either Revilot or Solid Hitbound except the instrumental version of the Parliament's "I'll Wait" (https://youtu.be/NnMLxRGPzC0). 

So my question is... does anyone know if it's something they licensed from the vaults for the comp or if there is some super rare 45 (possibly under a different name) with the instrumental on it? Just find it weird everything else would be from a 45 except that one track.

Also, after listening closely several times, it definitely sounds like the Parliaments version and not the Pat Lewis.

Any info appreciated!

Licensed from the vaults I believe. I also believe there's now a full album of instrumentals from the Parliament sessions. In fact, I'm sure there are some surprises to come from Revilot/Solid Hitbound. I turned up a Darrell Banks "Open The Door To Your Heart" instrumental a couple of months back and there's never been one of those documented either....

Ian D :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!