Esquires Dancing A Hole In The World Wdj Copy

Millo

Manny doesn't list all demos in the price guide. Only demos that have a different valuation to stock copies are listed in addition to those for which no stock copy has been through his hands.

Is that a fact.... straight from the horses mouth (Johns?) I honestly thought he only ever listed titles he has had for sale, are there titles he has never had?

Social source share

Is that a fact.... straight from the horses mouth (Johns?) I honestly thought he only ever listed titles he has had for sale, are there titles he has never had?

John would be the best man to vouch for this but that's my interpretation of the listing based on the blurb at the front of the guides. He doesn't list two entries per release when there are both demo and issue copies unless the values are markedly different: if the demo and stock copies were the same value, virtually every record listed would have two entries resulting in a considerably thicker book. I know the price guides are based on his sales database but again, only John can confirm that every record listed has actually passed through his business. Obviously, not all soul records known are in the price guide, but I suspect that he will have come across some titles that haven't yet been listed for a variety of reasons.

Social source share

John would be the best man to vouch for this but that's my interpretation of the listing based on the blurb at the front of the guides. He doesn't list two entries per release when there are both demo and issue copies unless the values are markedly different: if the demo and stock copies were the same value, virtually every record listed would have two entries resulting in a considerably thicker book. I know the price guides are based on his sales database but again, only John can confirm that every record listed has actually passed through his business. Obviously, not all soul records known are in the price guide, but I suspect that he will have come across some titles that haven't yet been listed for a variety of reasons.

Maybe only the man himself can vouch. There must be thousands of titles he is unwise to... the very knowledgeable person he is

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!