New Year Box Set Sales! Bargains Galore

Ian Dewhirst

Hi All,

Came into work today and they've launched a box set initiative with some excellent titles at some unbelievable prices, so I thought I'd give people the nod.

There's lots of titles there so pretty much something for everyone, but these in particular stuck out:-

Philadelphia International 40th Anniversary 10 x CD Box Set £19.99
Tabu Records 6 x CD/1 x DVD Box Set £29.99
Traxbox: Trax Records 16 x CD Box Set: First 75 12” Singles A&Bs £29.99

Philly Re-Grooved Vols 1,2 & 3: Special 8 x 12" Vinyl Edition £34.99

Limited stocks on all the above, so the early bird catches the worm etc, etc....

Happy New Year!

Ian D  :D
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Personally I think they're crazy 'cos that Philadelphia International 40th Anniversary Box Set should be £50 minimum. I think it's 'cos we're running down the stock as PIR is now controlled by Sony and we're probably into what they call the 'sell-off' period. So, yep. The bargain of the century without a doubt. It's by far the most successful of all the Harmless Box Sets with incredible sales over the last 3 years. Anyone getting this for £20 can't lose! Happy New Year Soul Sourcers!

And a special Happy New Year to Mike and the Moderators (sounds like a record on UK Oriole), without whom such instant bargains would be much more difficult to find! Soul Source is the most valuable resource on the internet for stuff like this, so credit where credit is due!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Cheers Ian...just ordered the beat vinyl, the philly 10 cd box set and the tom remix 12s.....all done.....lets just hope they all turn up..thanks in advance mate.

Dynamite choices. Also the PIR Box Set additionally has Soul Source member Philly Dave's definitive PIR discography within the booklet, so when you chuck that in as well it's pretty irresistible. 

Track-listing here:-

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Philadelphia-International-Records-The-40th-Anniversary-Box-Set/release/3703790

Someone's dropped a bollock. Get in there!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Question for you- I was thinking of getting the Philly Int'l set.

When I clicked on the link , I went to a shipping info page which listed all European countries

and it said- not available in other countries.

Then I clicked on the shipping info button and it went to another page that said shipping is

avaliable in the U.S..

I'm confused .........

Social source share

Question for you- I was thinking of getting the Philly Int'l set.

When I clicked on the link , I went to a shipping info page which listed all European countries

and it said- not available in other countries.

Then I clicked on the shipping info button and it went to another page that said shipping is

avaliable in the U.S..

I'm confused .........

Are you a yank I wonder?  :lol:

In short, I dunno. If you want one at this price, I'll order one and ship it personally for whatever it costs. How does that sound?

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I ordered a couple of sets on sunday and paid by paypal, today i had a dispatched e.mail but to my horror noticed they were sent to my old address which i moved from seven months ago changing my paypal address at the same time, how can that happen? as i have used paypal scores of times since then with no problems, i will never get them now, tried to e.mail Deamon but all automated  :(

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

I ordered a couple of sets on sunday and paid by paypal, today i had a dispatched e.mail but to my horror noticed they were sent to my old address which i moved from seven months ago changing my paypal address at the same time, how can that happen? as i have used paypal scores of times since then with no problems, i will never get them now, tried to e.mail Deamon but all automated  :(

That's odd. I also had a problem when I tried to pay with paypal. When the Demon page linked through, the amount to be paid went to £15.99 instead of twenty three whatever. I tried twice but gave up and paid by Mastercard instead. Weird

Social source share

Aagh. Nightmare. I've been caught up in that myself. Send an e-mail to Lidia.Pinney@demonmusicgroup.co.uk and Lidia will try and sort it out. Automation's a bitch innit?  :lol:

Social source share

That's odd. I also had a problem when I tried to pay with paypal. When the Demon page linked through, the amount to be paid went to £15.99 instead of twenty three whatever. I tried twice but gave up and paid by Mastercard instead. Weird

Yep weird. I'll flag it up. These things happen in the background so I'm not always aware of what's going on elsewhere in the office. If Ben hadn't have mentioned that the PIR Box Set was selling loads I wouldn't have even registered that there was a promotion going on. When he mentioned the price I fainted in disbelief. Maybe the site is crashing due to demand?  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I had the same but seems Paypal picks up price before VAT as the actual amount on the Paypal email confirmation which follows is the higher (correct) amount.

Thanks for starting this thread Ian...the Philly 40th box set is a genuine bargain and a great end to the year!

Happy New Year all, Steve

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I had the same but seems Paypal picks up price before VAT as the actual amount on the Paypal email confirmation which follows is the higher (correct) amount.

Thanks for starting this thread Ian...the Philly 40th box set is a genuine bargain and a great end to the year!

Happy New Year all, Steve

I'm learning all the time lol.

And yep. The Philly 40 Box Set @ £19.99 will never be bettered in the history of bargains. It's probably a mistake. So keep pumping those orders through 'cos if it's electronic they can't argue!  :lol:

Social source share

I'm learning all the time lol.

And yep. The Philly 40 Box Set @ £19.99 will never be bettered in the history of bargains. It's probably a mistake. So keep pumping those orders through 'cos if it's electronic they can't argue!  :lol:

thanks for the heads up ian , just ordered it , great way to start the new year  :thumbsup:

Social source share

well had confirmation yesterday, two of my items on the way.....but the 40th cd set ???......looks like ill have to wait......Ian you reckon they have enough sets mate ?...as money paid by paypal etc.....cheers    martyn

Weird. Maybe the sites being overwhelmed or something. I'll troubleshoot when I get back in on Tuesday OK?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

did the same with me but as ian says thats the pre vat price it all came out right at the end of the paypal transaction

kev

Social source share

This actually turned up today to the correct address not my old one [which is empy at the moment hence problem] as invoiced alls well that ends well! great bargain!

Social source share

any official news from Demon?.. awaiting new stock?

Unfortunately I'm laid up at home with a chest infection so I can't stomp around the office and bash heads.  :lol:

I'll drop an e-mail to the key guys and see if all is OK. The Philly Box Set in particular has been a huge seller but should still be in stock. Gimme 24 hours and I'll report back....

Social source share

Hi All,

Just checked with the office and everything appears to be pumping out just fine. Apparently many orders were dispatched on the 9/01/15 and they should all be with you shortly. No stock problems so please continue to order with confidence!

Any delivery problems should be sent to:-

https://www.myplaydirect.com/demon-music/contact/new

Best,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi All,

Just checked with the office and everything appears to be pumping out just fine. Apparently many orders were dispatched on the 9/01/15 and they should all be with you shortly. No stock problems so please continue to order with confidence!

Any delivery problems should be sent to:-

https://www.myplaydirect.com/demon-music/contact/new

Best,

thanks..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!