brent

Spare A Minute Of Your Time To Remember ?

IAt this time of year... Spare a minute to remember....

Martyn Valentine ... Titch (tony Briscoe) ....Jimmy Hutchison Muirhead ..John (Robbie) Robinson ....Lynda Pearson Brewer ... Paul Delaney ... Pilky .. Wibby. ... Pip.... Pete Lawson ....Coddy Hughes..Micky Hodge... .Weasle ..Micky Cruise

Gethros Kim ... my lovely Fran Franklin ... My Big Brother Jimmy .... Macky from Cudworth ....My old mate Bub .. Chris Wilcox Mick Cook... Dave Hornsby....Martyn Scewes Ellis.. Steve Midgley ....Sue Buck ....The Great Blue Max .. Shirley Parnell .. Steve Wilkes ..Tony Warot... Keith Brady .. Mona...Clarky...... Phil Morgan .. Roy Costello .... Les Cockell .. Flash Atkinson ... Gordon Thompson .. Mad Stan from Hemsworth ...Dave Goodison... Bob Katanga Mills .... John Mills ...Mick Vickers.. Tony Evans ....Baz Redman .....

Not all passed this year of course .... but all deserve a shout ..a thought.. a smile... a Tear.???....... They were part of our history, part of our lives.........

Take a minute to remember the faces ... the smiles..the dance steps ..... The stories... They were all contributors to the faith, ........ our brothers and sisters

........ In their memory raise a glass so that for one Brief moment........ they will rejoin us on the dancfloor before we pass..

Absent friends ... Doesn't seem quite enough.. ... I often close my eyes and take a moment to think about the past. Funny !! ..

I hear a tune and I can see Martyn spinning .. Or Titch with his fast footwork... Jimmy with his words of advice .

So At midnight tomoz. I will take a minute .. And once again go to my zone to dance with my friends. .....And just for that minute .!!!! I will be back with them .... Just for that moment it will be a happy new year

Anyone up for a New Years resolution ???? My. Resolution will be to take a minute every day to remember these soul brothers and sisters.

Something they said. .... Something they did ?? Their favourite tune ? Just something that made them special ... !! That way as long as someone remembers ... They still live in our hearts..

Regards and respect to them all. Brent.

May I be so bold and add Les(Libby) and his sister Jackie Merrell from Runcorn who both sadly passed away recently.Also Adey Glynn from Widnes. All soulies who left us far too early.

How could I have forgotten Dusty. R.I.P

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul

May I be so bold and add Les(Libby) and his sister Jackie Merrell from Runcorn who both sadly passed away recently.Also Adey Glynn from Widnes. All soulies who left us far too early.Steve

add away Steve .. I only posted this to urge others to take a minute to remember soul brothers and sisters that were part of the scene. .. We owe them so much .... And as I put it ! As long as someone remembers , they still live in our hearts !!! IMHO We owe them all that much .. Regards and respect ......... Brent .

Was going to mention Libby, what a character he was, rough as hell but a gent and I'm sorry we never got across to visit before he passed, I still chuckle thinking of the stories, ask Coggy we spent some lovely times with him and also Jackie his Sister, although we didn't know her as well. Dave Hornsby one of the first guys Snowy introduced me to and we spent years travelling to venues and of course Bub, words cannot describe him adequately, there's also Barry "Corny" Cornthwaite my best friend till he passed 20 years ago. I often reflect Brent on the missing from our scene and our lifes and either smile & chuckle at the memories or shed a silent tear but I always thank God (Whoever or whatever he may be) that I'm still here and reasonably healthy as is my lovely Wife Gail, who I'd be lost without. :hatsoff2: 

Spot. :shades: 

Well said Brent and a fitting tribute to those who are no longer with us. Took some time last night thinking of those we`ve lost this year, especially my friend Tony evans. Must admit had a smile on my face thinking of the laughs we had. Happy new year everyone.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.