What Do You Get For £20

Patrick

Ten years ago while struggling to renovate the wreck of a house I had purchased I sold my small but beloved Soul records which did allow me to finish the work without having to beg any more money off the bank. I have no regrets about selling them and at the time swore never to buy records again which lasted all of a couple of years before starting up the Reggae again.

I now quite fancy having a small box of soul to compliment the reggae but with a budget of no more than £20 (May stretch the odd one to £25) per record. I have not kept up with prices over the last ten years and so thought why not get some ideas and guidance here on the best soul pages on the net.

I started listening to soul in the early 80’s on scooter rallies and my fav nights were always Peterborough fleet and wirena. So with that in mind what’s my options for £20

Many thanks in advance to anyone who fancies jotting down a few options. 

Cheers

Patch

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There's plenty of fantastic records that you can pick up for £20 and under. There have been a few good posts/threads about this lately, have a search. There's also bargains to be had if you keep an eye out on the sales pages on here and eBay! Also discogs is good as Pete has pointed out.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Patrick,Starting all over Again,is not as hard as Mel & Tim sung ,[i ve had the operation and now limit myself to LPs].I would like to "Blow Pete S, trumpet also".Ive just had a happy browse and covers all locations and styles for 20 Ukip pounds.In fact have just spotted a Spanish issue of Los Canarios, "Get on your knees",ive been over here for 10 years and never seen one Franco had them all shot? [at under your 20 pesetas]. P.S. a great site,superb,without wishing to show undue bias try www.raresoulman with your twenty.

Social source share

Some great ideas there thanks, have never stopped listening or going to nights just never delved into the vinyl market since. Chatty that thread looks like it will be a good read indeed thanks. And I'll take a look at your disciogs Pete but I may get distracted by the reggae :-)

Cheers

Social source share

Some great ideas there thanks, have never stopped listening or going to nights just never delved into the vinyl market since. Chatty that thread looks like it will be a good read indeed thanks. And I'll take a look at your disciogs Pete but I may get distracted by the reggae :-)

Cheers

I bet you won't mate, the selection on there is shocking, I check it every day for new additions and apart from the latest repros, I got a Techniques on Duke for £40 which is about half what the others on there charge, they have like Good Minus things for mint prices and when there is something decent, it's double what it should cost...worse than ebay in that respect

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!