Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

gordon russell

Miranda Hart

miranda hart is taking a break....to think up new jokes.......who thinks she should retire?

l for one do .........as a comedienne  she is   awful,terrible,bad,sh*te and totally unfunny.

Me and take Sarah Millicant with her to the retirement home . 

miranda hart is taking a break....to think up new jokes.......who thinks she should retire?

l for one do .........as a comedienne  she is   awful,terrible,bad,sh*te and totally unfunny.

Good start to the year Tezza, we've found something we agree on. :thumbsup:

l can,t believe some of these comedians that you get on the apollo.......l love a wind up.it,s a london thing.....l can sit through the whole show sometimes....and whilst the audience is hooting like drains  ...we can barely raise a smile.....is it just me..(l do realise i,ve left myself wide open with this question,but i,ll take a chance lol)

If she was on  the x factor or some such sh*te programme...they'd laugh her off the stage......what telly executive told her that she was funny and she should be on the box.........whatever happened to test audiences?......does she actually get payment?

Miranda Hart taking a break? Luckily Birds of a Feather is back to fill the void.

I had to google who Miranda Hart is, now I've seen her pic I know, seen it on when flicking through with the remote and always carry on up the channels.   :(

Thought it was just me - I will never understand what all the fuss was about with Miranda...

she was the best of a talent search for female writers i seem to remember, made by the bbc headed by jennifer saunders. i guess the fuss was they had to come out of it with something. fuss was made though.

i dont think burly northern men are her target audience.

i was forced by my daughter to watch 2 dvds when it rained whilst on holiday last year. i concluded she was a lot better when on holiday and pissed. 

she was the best of a talent search for female writers i seem to remember, made by the bbc headed by jennifer saunders. i guess the fuss was they had to come out of it with something. fuss was made though.

i dont think burly northern men are her target audience.

i was forced by my daughter to watch 2 dvds when it rained whilst on holiday last year. i concluded she was a lot better when on holiday and pissed. 

Who is her target audience?...............the clangers lol....or maybe the telly tubbies.

She was the best of the bunch :ohmy: .....fook me! you mean there were worse :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Edited by gordon russell

Classic example of the suits @ BBC putting their weight behind someone.

Someone has decided that they'll commision programes & do whatever it takes for her to be their golden girl.

She has the middle/upper class profile for it.

Trouble is, she's about as funny as toothache.

They do it on Radio 4 too, the female comedian from Iran, Shappi Kordsandi who does nothing but tell us she's from Iran & point out cultural differences, hilarious, not, she's built a career on it, unfortunately, she fails to mention that women in Iran, go to jail just for watching a volleyball game, the implication in her act is that Iranians are modern & right on & have a lot in common with us really, no they don't, it's not anyone's fault, it's the way it is, but that's life, but you would think they did listening to her act.

The BBC lap it up, because she ticks all the right racial profile boxes for them.

I love Radio 4, but the suits that run it are so transparent.

Trouble is, I know it's subjective, but these people really are not funny, the canned laughter is proof.

Edited by MrsWoodsrules

Someone has decided that they'll commision programes & do whatever it takes for her to be their golden girl.

They do it on Radio 4 too, the femail comedian from Iran, Shappi Kordsandi who does nothing but tell us she's from Iran & point out cultural differences, hilarious, not, she's built a career on it, unfortunately, she fails to mention that women in Iran, go to jail just for watching a volleyball game, the implication in her act is that Iranians are modern & right on & have a lot in common with us really, no they don't, it's not anyone's fault, it's the way it is, but that's life, but you would think they did listening to her act.

The BBC lap it up, because she ticks all the right racial profile boxes for them.

Trouble is, I know it's subjective, but these people really are not funny, the canned laughter is proof.

double like

Guest clanger v2

Who is her target audience?...............the clangers lol....or maybe the telly tubbies.

She was the best of the bunch :ohmy: .....fook me! you mean there were worse :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I'm happy to report that the Clangers think she's shite as well Terry :)

it does beg the question who else did they ditch doesnt it.  

target audience? the same as its always been - those who watch bbc 8 till 10 as a main event. average jo and joe. kids. nans, 

'my family' is another one. robert lindsay needs executing. utter drivel. 

They do it on Radio 4 too, the female comedian from Iran, Shappi Kordsandi who does nothing but tell us she's from Iran & point out cultural differences, hilarious, not, she's built a career on it, unfortunately, she fails to mention that women in Iran, go to jail just for watching a volleyball game, the implication in her act is that Iranians are modern & right on & have a lot in common with us really, no they don't, it's not anyone's fault, it's the way it is, but that's life, but you would think they did listening to her act.

saw her live about 10 years back and she was quite funny. but yes all she needs is to lose a leg and she would be a commissioning editors wet dream at the bbc. 

kathrine ryan is pretty funny. if you like nice looking birds talking filthy to you. theres no real downside to that imho.

Miranda is like so many so-called stars on TV they are not funny nor do they have any talent, maybe that's why a lot of older shows were used over xmas. Ive always thought the people on the soul scene have made me laugh far more than anyone on telly and they don't get paid

Miranda is like so many so-called stars on TV they are not funny nor do they have any talent, maybe that's why a lot of older shows were used over xmas. Ive always thought the people on the soul scene have made me laugh far more than anyone on telly and they don't get paid

Yes you're right......heres a great example   was at a nighter  when a fella came up at 4 o'clock and said "my daughters just text me she's in the cells" (underaged drinking in a club )."Are you going down there to get her out?" said l    "fook off,they'll let her out and nick me"......now at the time that made me hoot.

Thank god for this thread Hart, Mickey bloody Flanagan, Lee Evans, Michael screaming McIntyre, NOT at all funny none of them. As someone said its the "right on" BBC types. Friggin sandal wearers the lot of em. When you see Fawlty Towers, Morecambe and Wise there is no comparism. For me Billy Connolly, Richard Pryor, and others like them superb. Watched Joan Rivers stand up at Xmas she is brilliant. So quick and right on top of the subject.  

Thank god for this thread Hart, Mickey bloody Flanagan, Lee Evans, Michael screaming McIntyre, NOT at all funny none of them. As someone said its the "right on" BBC types. Friggin sandal wearers the lot of em. When you see Fawlty Towers, Morecambe and Wise there is no comparism. For me Billy Connolly, Richard Pryor, and others like them superb. Watched Joan Rivers stand up at Xmas she is brilliant. So quick and right on top of the subject.  

I was going to add a like, but I wear sandals, and even dance in them, mind you I have hippy tendencies too, however, I don't think she's funny either.

I quite like Mickey Flanagan and I don't quite put him in the same 'right-on' BBC type bracket. I don't think too many middle class types would warm to his humour.

I can't stand Mickey Flanagan. It's his whiney bloody voice. He's the sort of bloke I'd have problems not punching in the face (and I'm not a violent man).

On the subject of female comedians. One of my favourites is Sarah Silverman. Her comedy is in the same vein as Bill Hicks (a legend).

Plus she's in the opening scene of one of my all time favourite films, The Way of the Gun. (swearing in this clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLXYu6plhg

We should start a room 101 list on here. Trouble is, with all us grumpy old men, there wouldn't be **** all left.  :lol:

It was done some time back. I spent a fortnight on here, without a break. I only logged off because I was running out of money. :D

PS I hate Lee Evans!

Edited by Grayman45

saw her live about 10 years back and she was quite funny. but yes all she needs is to lose a leg and she would be a commissioning editors wet dream at the bbc. 

kathrine ryan is pretty funny. if you like nice looking birds talking filthy to you. theres no real downside to that imho.

Three things J.

1/ Is Katherine Ryan a comedian?.. 2/ Or someone you bumped into at the pub.?.. 3/ Either way, have you got her number.?

I'm with you on all the guilty parties except Michael McIntyre who I find very amusing and original. Sorry am I a bad person?

do you have a man drawer Phil lol ?

try listening to the "  stand up/ alternative comedy " shows on radio 4 early evening...................they are .dire..........one  problem is they have to be funny without being controversial or causing offence or even the possibility of causing offence to anyone or anything.....hopelessly limited ..ez

Not a fan of Miranda but have watched a few shows whilst on ss.

do like Lee Mack - Not going out :)

For me Lee Mack is right up there with the worst of the worst.....he,s only mildly funny  and everytime he cracks a joke....it,s the kind of joke  that you and ya mates look sideways at one another  with embaresment ...with ya toes curling up in ya shoes :):thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts