dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club Takes You Into 2015 Mind Body & Soul

:hatsoff2: Hi SOULSTERS Yep it's me I'm back I know what you are thinking, so don't it's rude, & yes I have been on face book teaching some off them my facts of life & soul & showing them bits from my collection, I've been showing off, Hoever my old mate & mentor the sage Mick Smith flashed his rare copy of the UK inst track of Billy Harner, which spiced things up! WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC Dave you shout well,

again you all have post some great music however I did not achieve my goal, still  we are now into 2015, so can I be the last person to wish you a Happy Christmas or am I the first??

For any one just on the scene the record club is for you, the music policy is your chance to play your pick of the day from your own collection, it may be well known, or a classic, a cheapo or rare as rocking horse shit, I have scanned a few 45s from my box to show you your pick can come from any point of the soul scene, don't worry about what you pick as you are in safe hands with some of the countrys most knowlagable soul persons who will give you help support advise and much more, please try & give some brief indication of why you picked the record plus give the name label & artist this helps those who use phones?

so HAPPY 2015 to you all,

To kick it of my pick of the day turns out to be my pick of 2014, I must have played this 1980 record most nights and it still sounds great not sure of it's value however I sold a copy for £20 last year, I thought it was a £5 record ooopps.

my 2014 record of the year is....OTIS CLAY - "the only way is up" - ECHO 2003A A TOP TUNE (a Hit for Yazz)

enjoy this one a great 45 to DJ with :ohmy:

Scans are from my collections DAVE K :yes:

post-13241-0-10972000-1420181536_thumb.jpost-13241-0-72402500-1420181582_thumb.jpost-13241-0-73947200-1420181694_thumb.jpost-13241-0-56724900-1420181740_thumb.jpost-13241-0-93925500-1420181780_thumb.jpost-13241-0-59345000-1420181805_thumb.j :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/ZmlN1feYLgU

post-13241-0-13385200-1420181627_thumb.j

Happy New year all  :wink:

I put this 1 up a couple of years ago Modern end of northern soul 

24 Karat Gold - What Does The Future Hold - Desert Bone records

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

Ahhh well back to work tomorrow,thank god,my kidneys are pleased :lol:

First purchase of the new year & a cracking twofer,as usual bought it for the lesser know inst B side more then the better known stomper A side?

Hayward Lee & The Marauders- It's A Sin To Tell A Lie/Oogaloo The Scamm Sound

Hi Guys

Heres my first offering of the year.This is the 1977 reworking of theMega Rare Inspirations Classic.This version is by Charles Diamond and the inspirations.The history of this record is well documented and after all is said and done its an original legit version in its own right put out by Joey Jefferson on his beautiful looking pink Breakthrough label.Had my copy for many years and it is now an in demand record.This issue also has the great intrumental on the flip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LS3AxeII0

Thought I'd give this one a try, don't actually have it, but since it's new to me

and the fact that it's by a US pop group, it was a pleasant surprise.

How the Jay Boy release by passed me in 1976, I don't know, cos

like a fool I was buying all the other TK stuff at the time.

PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS AIN'T NOTHING WRONG JAY BOY 1976

Thought I'd give this one a try, don't actually have it, but since it's new to me

and the fact that it's by a US pop group, it was a pleasant surprise.

How the Jay Boy release by passed me in 1976, I don't know, cos

like a fool I was buying all the other TK stuff at the time.

PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS AIN'T NOTHING WRONG JAY BOY 1976

I've got it on a jayboy demo but used to play this version when I was dj'ing in Liverpool in '76 by KC & the Sunshine Band on the flip of "That's the way I like it" a record that won't be in anyone's collection, not on here at least

I've got it on a jayboy demo but used to play this version when I was dj'ing in Liverpool in '76 by KC & the Sunshine Band on the flip of "That's the way I like it" a record that won't be in anyone's collection, not on here at least

you'd be surprised some right disco divas on here  :thumbup:

kev

you'd be surprised some right disco divas on here  :thumbup:

kev

Though not quite as "underground" as the Paul Revere, I must have the KC somewhere.

Must have crate dig, tomorrow when I cross-dress in my Diva outfit.

Thanks for sharing.

Mick :-)

Picked this up on a mint white demo blind, for a fiver as a filler, when bidding on some other US auction items.

Anyways when I first played it, I thought well it's a touch "96 tears" , but

after a few spins I thought this is a nice RnB mover in the mod style.

I now love the grinding organ  and once again Sunny Ozuna doesn't disappoint!

Sunny & the Sunliners - No One Else Will Do - Tear Drop 1965

Another bit of Pye 70t's for Kev,B side of his chart hit "Now Is The Time".

Jimmy James & The Vagabonds - Want You So Much Pye

Hi Martyn

Had it from the release  :huh:

atb kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

Another bit of Pye 70t's for Kev,B side of his chart hit "Now Is The Time".

Jimmy James & The Vagabonds - Want You So Much Pye

martyn , bit of useless info , one of those darts players came out to now is the time , yorkshire lad from mexbourgh , he won so  could be still in it  :thumbsup: