Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

shinehead

Steven Gerrard Leaving Liverpool

Steven Gerrard has announced his decision to leave Liverpool at the end of the season . The guy has been one of the best players we have produced in opinion over the last decade or so and his decision is a wise one , another season in the Prem would probably have been a season to far.

Why did he have to announce it so far in advance? Presumably to be on the receiving end of months of fawning tributes. A once-great player but the guy's ego is huge.

Liverpool this season have been a much better team in his absence–Lallana, Henderson, Lucas and the Spanish wing backs a far more effective unit when they don't have to cover for Gerrard's lack of pace and positional sense.

Why did he have to announce it so far in advance? Presumably to be on the receiving end of months of fawning tributes. A once-great player but the guy's ego is huge.

Maybe just to allow himself to talk to others clubs and end the speculation of will he go or not and if he gets the plaudits it will be no different to what the likes of Scholes and Giggs got at United and Lampard at Chelsea , maybe the guy deserves them .

Maybe just to allow himself to talk to others clubs and end the speculation of will he go or not and if he gets the plaudits it will be no different to what the likes of Scholes and Giggs got at United and Lampard at Chelsea , maybe the guy deserves them .

I agree, it ends all the speculation and lets everyone get on with things quietly.  He is rumoured to be heading for the states and their season starts as ours finishes so he will have to get things in order soon if he is to go out there.

I agree, it ends all the speculation and lets everyone get on with things quietly. He is rumoured to be heading for the states and their season starts as ours finishes so he will have to get things in order soon if he is to go out there.

he can join an MLS club, then join Man City until.... well you know how it goes :-)

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard he kisses the badge on his chest then puts in a transfer request Steve Gerrard.

Probably doing the right thing as he knows the silverware isn't going to appear soon at Anfield.

Don't think there will be as much excitement as well if he goes to LA Galaxy as when Beckham arrived but that money will keep his wife in

Louboutin shoes for a few more years.

Guest clanger v2

Is that a picture of the well known moral crusader, Ryan Giggs?

For all of Steven Gerrard's faults, I don't recall him shagging his brother's wife :)

It is irrelevant what fans think, they view football through rose tinted (or whatever colour their clubs shirt is) glasses.  The fact is he is one of the best midfielders of his generation, all the biggest clubs in the world wanted him at some stage, here and abroad.  

One club players are few and far between these days and for that he has to be commended.  He has also won things most players haven't.  

If he hadn't been shunted round the park by successive England managers to accommodate Lumpard, who continually failed despite the preferential treatment, England would have been a far far better team during his career.

Sorry Chalky you can't bring Lampard into this . Another legend. And all that bllx about them can't play together in the England midfield ? The two best players for a generation.?

It is irrelevant what fans think, they view football through rose tinted (or whatever colour their clubs shirt is) glasses.  The fact is he is one of the best midfielders of his generation, all the biggest clubs in the world wanted him at some stage, here and abroad.  

One club players are few and far between these days and for that he has to be commended.  He has also won things most players haven't.  

If he hadn't been shunted round the park by successive England managers to accommodate Lumpard, who continually failed despite the preferential treatment, England would have been a far far better team during his career.

In total agreement Chalky, the man has been one of the best British players of his generation and just because he happened to play for a club that wasn't theirs  he gets criticism on here but  every club in England would have had him in a shot including Man U. and Everton.

Sorry Chalky you can't bring Lampard into this . Another legend. And all that bllx about them can't play together in the England midfield ? The two best players for a generation.?

I just have  :wicked:   He was IMO one of the main reason why we failed so often, he rarely did the business in an England shirt whilst Gerrard was played out wide far too often instead of in his natural position he played for his club.  Lampard been a great club player, can't argue with that.

Couldn't have put it any better Chalkster, the rivalry thing is part of football and great as long as it doesn't get nasty, but hey, come on everyone, some things are just not up for debate, and that is the mans standing as one of the best midfield players this country has EVER produced, I couldn't give a shit about Liverpool but  some of the things this man can do have regularly had me out of my seat, everyone is flumoxed by the astonishing decline of Fernando Torres, not me, Stevie G had the ability to find him from anywhere on the park, whether it 6 yards or 60 yards, catching teams with their pants down in a split second, Lampard and co at Chelsea just didn't have it in the locker to unleash him the way Gerard could, was never the same after leaving Stevie G, I know he had his problems with injuries in his final season, but the unique service that only Gerard supplied has never been available to him since, and I'll bet Luis Suarez would vouch for that aswell

Kev

I just have  :wicked:   He was IMO one of the main reason why we failed so often, he rarely did the business in an England shirt whilst Gerrard was played out wide far too often instead of in his natural position he played for his club.  Lampard been a great club player, can't argue with that.

Lamps - 106 apps,19 goals.

Stevie G - 114 apps,21 goals. 

Nowt in it Chalks. :lol: ...sorry off topic.

Was a very good player but lets not make him out to be a saint,he got his m8s to take the rap for his pub brawl in southport.And its fairly well know about his troubles with some of his mrs ex boyfriend drug barons,which is another good reason to sod of to america.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts