ik001

Best Intro. To Record

On 10 August 2017 at 11:15, RICK SCOTT said:

Don't think this one been mentioned apologies if it has, always brings a smile to my face. Brooks And Jerry, I Got What It Takes :yes: Wonderful!

One of my all-time favourites. Always loved the way a nice sensible chap like Brooks O'Dell gets involved with the Swamp Dog and turns into a total wreckhead. Dx

Edited by DaveNPete

On 6/5/2017 at 08:36, Bruv said:

Fantastic intro,  Great sound... Dee Dee Sharp's - What Kind Of Lady    :)  

This, this, this!!! The intro is transcendent, other worldly, completely unreproducible, unique and untouchable.  I wonder if this was made at Sigma studios, the reverb chamber there was the stuff of legend.  Similar sounds on the O'Jays Neptune stuff and many more....

Edited by Dayo

10 hours ago, Dayo said:

This, this, this!!! The intro is transcendent, other worldly, completely unreproducible, unique and untouchable.  I wonder if this was made at Sigma studios, the reverb chamber there was the stuff of legend.  Similar sounds on the O'Jays Neptune stuff and many more....

Top Drawer Northern Soul.....:yes:  :thumbup:  

Some "explosive" intros (IMHO):

- "Bumpin' Boogie" - Talk Of The Town (the riffs by the horn section)

- "Slow Motion" - Johnny Williams (sea - waves style of rhythm and the Johnny's shout)

- "Shout" - Trammps (Jimmy Ellis at its best in some seconds!)

And another not "explosive" but all time favorite of mine, so mellow,...

- "How Good Is Your Game" - Billy Paul:

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

Manifesto - James Lewis & Case Of Time

Longest intro ever and always got me running when I was young enough to do so!

Have to admit back in my youth i could not dance to this sort of record, just wasn't good enough as i would get my feet and legs in a right muddle, preferred things a bit more steady ( and still do these days ) Have to say if i ran on to the dance floor these days i would forget what the hell i went there for :o)

ive got load mainly 70's and a lot of jackie wilson his intros are legendary,  soul galore,, i dont want to lose you

But tell me if im wrong... your driving along the radio on and the jock on the radio bangs this on.... the hairs on the back of the neck go up you turn the radio up and you sing along why... coz its an instant memory jerker as soon as you hear the opening bars.. no matter what genre of soul you like or how much of a chinstroker ive become this classic still gets to me....

geeeooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson

Haven't put anything up in a while but took this out of my box and gave it a spin after finding a thank you letter (i thought i had lost) referencing  the official re-press by Jesse Boone ( In his own studio. ) He had to re-cut a new master (Back in 1989 ) from the record  i now own as i would suspect the original tapes no longer existed ?, Jesse said he could cut it with the labels exactly the same ( Blue ) but was decided by Garry in conjunction with Jesse not to do that so as to keep the originals different to the re-press ( Yellow ) Garry returned the record ( Original ) to Robin who must have latter sold it to Garry or sold it for Garry,(  Not sure on that point ) but I ended up with it off Garry after a lot of pleading and grovelling :thumbsup: so Here it is, From 1974 "HUGH BOYNTON"  We're Gonna Make It  ( SOUL - PO - TION )

Could not find a Music Video on YouTube with Original Blue Label as Original Record so Rare and Hard to Find so the one show is one most people are familiar with. 

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.